New Jersey Citizens' Group Plans Suit Over School Bond Issue
- All Receive According to Their Needs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31038, p1
Reports on the California State Allocation Board's plan to adopt a need-based system of allocating school construction matching funds. Implications for districts' needs to issue debt; California's response to a Los Angeles Superior Court ruling that showed the failure of the state's first-come,...
- LGA wants limits on schools PFIs. Millett, Carol // Contract Journal;6/18/2003, Vol. 418 Issue 6431, p3
Deals with the efforts of the Local Government Association (LGA) to urge schools contractors to limit their deals under the British government's Building Schools for the Future initiative. Overview of the initiative; Views of LGA on framework contracts; Notions about schools Public Finance...
- Arizona Lawmakers Consider Plans to Eliminate $1.9B Budget Shortfall. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p3
The article reports on the plan of Arizona lawmakers to erase $1.9 billion of budget shortfall through $600 million of borrowing for public schools and lessen about $400 million in spending. The state would use reserves from the rainy-day fund and postpone payment to public schools until the...
- School District prepares next bond issue. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;6/14/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the plan of Clark County School District to renew a school construction bond program in Nevada. Expiration of the bond; Plan of the school district for a ballot test; Strategy to create a seamless transition between bond programs.
- CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD NOTICE OF ADOPTED AMENDMENTS. // Illinois Register;12/17/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p19472
The article offers information on the notice of adopted amendments for 2010 in the Capital Development Board in Illinois concerning the standards for the giving of grants on school construction program. The notice includes the implementation of the Capital Development Board Act and the School...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33072, p28
The article provides updates on the status of several proposed legislation in the U.S., including HR 1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, HR 537 Water and Sewer Bonds, and HR 727 Indian School Construction Act. HR 1 was approved and signed into law on February 16, 2009 to ease tax...
- Delays hit first project in schools programme. // Building Design;5/26/2006, Issue 1723, p1
The article reports on the delay of the first project in the government's 2.2 billion pounds' Building Schools for the Future (BSF) program in Bristol, England. The postponement is attributed to the adjustment of Wilkinson Eyre Architect's designs for the Bristol BSF scheme and the resignation...
- Colleges put expansion plans on fall ballots. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p9
Focuses on the public referendum for school construction in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion programs for an increasing school enrollments; Cost of the construction projects; Need for expansion of laboratory and computer space.
- Cleveland Schools Happy With Competitive QSCB Sale. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/5/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33394, p3
The article reports that the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) of Ohio had decided to take competitive bids on its 55 million dollar of qualified school construction bids.