PPI Up 0.1% in Nov., Core Unchanged
- Wholesale Prices Steady in July. // American Banker;8/14/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 155, p24
Focuses on statistics regarding wholesale prices in the United States during July 2000. Slight rise in the core index; How much producer prices have risen in the 12 months through July; What the Labor Department attributed July's steady prices to.
- Feb. PPI Up 0.1%; Core Rate Falls 0.3%. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p2
Reports on the growth of the overall producer price index in the United States as of February 2001. Factors contributing to the growth; Lower increases in the prices of energy and foods.
- BUSINESS TRENDS. // Foundry Management & Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p54
Presents graphs depicting business trends in the in the United States foundry industry from January 1999 to February 2000. Includes foundry consumables sales index; Foundry equipment bookings; Durable goods manufacturers' shipments; Producer price index for ferrous and nonferrous metals.
- Inflation Tame in April Producer Prices. // American Banker;5/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 93, p26
Reports on the decrease of the producer price index as of May 15, 2000. Rise in inventory-sales ratio; Outlook; Expectation that the United States Federal Reserve will continue to raise interest rates.
- Core Wholesale Prices Fell a Bit in June. // American Banker;7/17/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 135, p32
Reports on a decrease in producer prices in the United States, as of July 2000. How the price excludes the food and energy markets; Impact that the cost of natural gas and petroleum products had on the overall price; Reasons for the decline.
- Producer Prices Show Inflation at Bay. // American Banker;9/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 178, p20
Reports on the fall that producer prices in the United States experienced during August 2000. What this may indicate about economic expansion in the U.S.; The small rise in retail sales; Expectations that energy costs will push September prices higher.
- Sept. Sales, Producer Prices Up 0.9%. // American Banker;10/16/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 198, p28
Reports on statistics regarding retail sales in the United States for September 2000. The rise in retail sales for the month; How September's sales gains could affect Federal Reserve policymakers; The rise in the producer price index; How the reports affected the stock market.
- Producer price highlights, 1997. Thomas, William D. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p3
Presents observations about the decline of producer price indexes for finished goods, energy goods, and foods in the United States in 1997. Effects of falling energy prices; Impact of output growth and job creation; Unemployment rates; Productive capacity of investments; Increase in residential...
- Halloween Arrives Early. Sloan, Allan; Arora, Anjali // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);10/25/99 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 134 Issue 17, p75
Comments on the Wall Street stock market since August 25, 1999. Reasons for a possible downward trend in the United States such as the effect of the tobacco settlement on the producer price index; The author's view that the market can not be predicted.