Employee Development Through Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling: A Multidimensional Approach
- The power of mentoring. Maeglin, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p31
Discusses the importance of mentoring in business. Career development; Benefits of mentoring; Tips for finding the right mentor; Misconceptions about mentoring.
- Getting a helping hand. Arthur, Audrey // Black Enterprise;Sep97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p72
Elaborates the importance of a mentor for a career development. Ways to find a mentor; Needed qualifications of a mentor; Number of mentors needed; Factors that make up for a good mentor/protege relationship; Aid in the success of the partnership; Things a protege should be prepared for once the...
- Career-building essentials. Richardson, Helen L. // Transportation & Distribution;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p89
Presents views and philosophies from successful logistics professionals concerning networking and mentoring. Networking as a way of life; Offer of wisdom to less experienced employees through mentoring; Building of successful employee relationships; Mentors as a career source to junior...
- 3 picker-uppers. // Administrative Professional Today;Sep2010, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p5
The article offers tips on how a person can have professional growth such as listening to podcasts, finding a conversational partner, and seek help form mentors in social networking web sites.
- reach back: virtual mentoring. KC // Ebony;May2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p76
The article looks at virtual mentoring programs, in which human resource departments ask their experienced employees to mentor others through electronic mail messages and video-conferencing.
- Mentoring the YOUNG SAFETY PROFESSIONAL. Bryant, James J. // Professional Safety;Aug99, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p16
Suggests the importance of mentor's guidance in the development of a novice safety professional. Information on the American Society of Safety Engineers' Code of Professional Conduct; Mentoring methods; What mentoring requires. INSET: How's Your CREDIBILITY?, C. Keith Stalnaker.
- CHAPTER 11: Let's Talk: Face-to-Face and E-Conversations. Stone, Florence M. // Coaching, Counseling & Mentoring;2007, p190
Chapter 11 of the book "Coaching, Counseling & Mentoring" is presented. It focuses on how mentoring can be used to boost performance or help individuals advance in their career. It discusses the secret to a successful mentoring program. The key steps to a mentor/mentee relationship are also...
- The ABCs of Being a Mentor. Katherine, Mary // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p62
The article discusses the two distinct definitions of mentoring. According to the author, mentoring is a relationship between a senior person and a junior person to give advice, emotional support and assistance to achieve career advancement for the novice as well as the leader. In addition,...
- IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT. Pestrak, Debra // Credit Union Management;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Offers tips to career management. Writing of career goals; Issues that must be considered in career change; Importance of mentoring in career management.