Aether Acquires RTS Wireless
- After buying RTS, Aether sells its wares abroad. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/06/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p6A
Reports that Aether Systems Inc. is aggressively marketing RTS Wireless Inc.'s products around the globe after acquiring the firm in December 2000. Target markets for RTS Wireless products; Impact on the business operations of Aether Systems Inc.; Factors behind the surge in demand for RTS...
- Aether to buy RTS for $26 million. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p35
Reports on Aether Systems Inc.'s plan to acquire RTS Wireless Inc., a developer of software systems connecting the Internet to wireless devices.
- Aether Fuses Together Acquisitions. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p12
Reports on acquisitions made by Aether Systems Inc. Services offered by Aether; Background of the company; Information on its technology platform called Fusion.
- Aether buys Motient unit in $45M deal. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p99
Reports the acquisition of the transportation business unit of Motient Corp. by Aether Systems Inc. in the United States. Cost of the acquisition; Transportation sectors excluded in the acquisition; Agreement of Aether to a reseller contract with the satellite and terrestrial network services...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/15/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 50, p12A
Presents news items related to business enterprises in Long Island, New York as of December 21, 2000. Leon D. DeMatteis Construction Corp.'s construction of a school building; RTS Wireless Inc.'s acquisition of Aether Systems Inc.; Stock repurchase by Audiovox Corp.
- Aether's Move: Keep Truckin' Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p1
Discusses the acquisition of the transportation unit of Motient Corp. by Aether Systems. Advantage of the acquisition to Motient; Terms of the acquisition.
- Aether, Sun enter integration product agreement. // RCR Wireless News;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the integration of the Fusion wireless module technology of Aether Systems with the Sun One product line of Sun Microsystems Inc. Benefits of the integration for both companies' sales, marketing and engineering efforts.
- A Flush Aether Focuses On Data Services. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p17
Discusses George Davis' tour of the United States and European cities as part of Aether Systems Inc.'s stock offering. Company's acquisitions since August 1999; Challenges posed by growth in acquisitions; Decision of Aether's management on wireless data services.
- Motient selling transportation division. // Fleet Owner;Oct2000, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p247
Reports that Motient Corp. has agreed in 2000 to sell its wireless data services for the trucking industry to Aether Systems Incorporated. Services offered and customer base of Motient; Terms of the agreement; Target markets of Aether aside from financial services.