Seminar Highlights Privacy-Commercial Tension
- FTC Buys Industry Privacy Plan. Brown, Doug // Inter@ctive Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has endorsed the plan by the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) to regulate themselves regarding online profiling. Reaction of privacy advocates on the plan; Statement from Marc Rotenberg of the Electronic Privacy Information Center...
- FTC alters buyer's guide rules. Lawrence, Donna // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p6
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission has made the federal Used Car Rule easier for compliance by car dealers. What the rule requires; Amendments made; Impact of changes on enforcement; Cases against dealers since rule took effect.
- FTC offers primer on warranties. // Black Enterprise;Jul90, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p32
Announces that the Federal Trade Commission, a government organization that monitors consumer complaints, has issued some guidelines on how to evaluate product warranties. They include checking to see what parts and types of repair problems are covered and what is excluded; Determine the length...
- How the FTC serves the consumer. Oliver, D. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug88, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p18
What the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) actually does. Detailed look at antitrust, consumer protection and consumer advocacy; Examples; Effects of deregulation; Selling free market. INSET: Daniel Oliver--questions and answers..
- Washington letter. // DCI;Aug94, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the concern voiced by the US Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Competition on drug manufacturers' buyout of their generic manufacturer competitors. Views of acting deputy director Mark Whitener; Criticism of practice called `bundling.'
- FTC ypdates marketing guidelines. // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p1
Presents information on the revision of its 1992 environmental marketing guides by the Federal Trade Commission. Details on the revisions; Reason for the revision; What changes were made.
- FTC wants more data on mergers. // Drug Topics;11/3/97, Vol. 141 Issue 21, p7
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is examining the proposed megamergers of Cardinal Health with Bergen Brunswig and McKesson with AmeriSource. Length of time the FTC will have to review the proposed mergers; Why the review was required.
- FTC cracks down on false advertising. // Obesity & Health;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p73
Reports that decisive Federal Trade Commission action against questionable weight loss promotions in recent months appears to be in fulfillment of promises made by Richard F. Kelly, Assistant Director for the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. FTCobtained consent aggreements, permanent...
- FTC charges false claims. // Obesity & Health;May/Jun93, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) legal action against three very low calorie diet (VLCD) companies due to deceptive advertising. Diet safety and effectiveness; Health Maintenance Resources; United Weight Control Corporation (UWCC); Abbott Laboratories; Rejection of petition of...