Winter Bears Wi-Fi Heat
- The LAN Market--Past and Future. McQuillan, John // Business Communications Review;Feb94, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the growth of local area networks (LAN) business. Demand curve for LANs; Price elasticity of LAN technology; Technology diffusion through three markets.
- The lay of the LAN. Aragon, Lawrence; Bournellis, Cynthia // PC Week;10/11/93, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p80
Presents an overview of trends observed in the LAN market. Comparison between worldwide personal-computer local area network (PC LAN) shipment figures for Token-Ring and Ethernet configurations; Shake-up in the peer-to-peer marketplace; Opportunities for peer-to-peer in small businesses and LANs...
- Wireless LANs, PCMCIA cards make their mark at Comdex. Loudermilk, Stephen // PC Week;5/31/93, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the introduction of wireless LAN devices and PCMCIA cards by many vendors at the Comdex Computer Show in May, 1993. Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.'s 2.4 GHz spread-spectrum LAN; Spectrix Corp.'s infrared LAN device; New Media Corp.'s PCMCIA Type II cards; Supra Corp.'s...
- Hubs and switches--growth triggers new sales channels. Dell'Oro, Tam // Business Communications Review;Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p49
Reports on developments related to marketing of local area network (LAN) switches and hubs. Overview of the market during the year 1995; Forecasts for the year 1996 and beyond; Networking business' shift to channel. INSETS: The manufacturer/channel relationship.;David vs. Goliath, by Paul...
- Will wireless LANs realize their potential? Perry, Doane // Business Communications Review;Aug93, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p18
Analyzes the market potential of wireless LANs. Obstacles to overcome to realize potential; Features of wireless LANs; Wireless LANs technology choices; Diffuse infrared; Line-of-sight and directed infrared; Licensed radio frequency; Unlicensed spread spectrum RF; Wireless LANs distributors.
- MIS revenues grow as LANS connect. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p14
Reports on increased advertising sales for data processing because of the increased popularity of local area networks. Financial statistics on increased revenue; Reasons for increase.
- Backup LAN Systems at 94 Mbytes/MIN. // Electronic Design;9/5/94, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p139
Reports the CX QIC10 backup system minimizes the time to backup Novel Netware networks. Also Supports DOS,Windows and OS/2; Price
- IBM unit sells LANS by phone order. Corcoran, Cate // InfoWorld;12/13/93, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p2
Reports on International Business Machines Corp.'s PC Direct division's sale of local area networks over the telephone. Testing of the network with the Net Select service before shipment to customers; Variety of systems, application, networking software and components available; Fees to depend...
- Small-business LAN and server market to approach $4.1 billion. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p72
Details the research made by the International Data Corporation about the use of local area network (LAN) by small businesses. Expectations on the marketing of LAN in small businesses by the year 2001; Implication of the increased number of small businesses with networks.