Cash-strapped Teligent Secures Financing
- The urban alternative. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/21/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p50
Contends that broadband wireless may be the perfect high-speed access solution for the business scene. Significance of selling local multipoint distribution system; Success in delivering wireless broadband access; Solution for broadband access introduced by Teligent.
- Peddling Air. Gohring, Nancy; Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p26
Deals with the selling and marketing of broadband wireless services in the United States. Factors for the success of broadband wireless services; Target market of broadband wireless; Information on Teligent's online billing service.
- Teligent launches service in Pittsburgh. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p34
Deals with the launch of Teligent Inc. to its wireless broadband service in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the company's smartWave technology.
- Are Changes in the Air for Local Access? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on broadband wireless telecommunication services. Information on WinStar and Teligent; Benefits of broadband wireless; Point-to-multipoint configurations offered by WinStar and Teligent; Reliability of the service.
- Teligent Lures Big-name Backer. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p30
Reports that Teligent Inc. has lured a backer for its project to expand its local broadband network and make inroads in overseas markets. Details of Teligent's deal with Microsoft Corp.; Target group of the project; Comments on Teligent's expenditures to build its network; Microsoft's deal with...
- Broadband beyond U.S. borders. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;07/24/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p50
Examines the international broadband wireless pursuits of several United States (U.S.) operators. Overseas opportunities seen by U.S. broadband wireless operators; U.S. companies with broadband wireless operations in Europe; Comparison between the U.S. and Europe in terms of prices for...
- Collapse of broadband fairy tale may just be middle of book. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p14
Deals with the factors affecting the success and failure of the wireless broadband telecommunication industry. Cause of the failure of Teligent Inc.; Reason for the postponement of the deployment of MMDS; Focus of carriers on gaining and maintaining market share.
- Broadband wireless broadens reach. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;02/21/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p20
Reports that many United States broadband license holders have branched out overseas. Information on Teligent's partnership with Mannesmann Arcor in Germany; Network launching in Germany by Winstar Communications; Discussion on Latin American markets for broadband wireless.
- Teligent seeks nearby agency to build image. Lucas, Sloane; Comiteau, Jennifer // Adweek Midwest Edition;12/01/97, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p7
Reports on Teligent's search for advertising agencies to handle its advertising account. Qualifying requirements for the ad account; Duties to be accomplished by the winning advertising agency.