The Unstoppable SnapTrack
- Qualcomm shells out $1B for SnapTrack. Smith, Hilary // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the decision of wireless communication firm, Qualcomm Inc. to purchase SnapTrack Inc. Operation of SnapTrack Inc. as a wholly owned subsidiary; Significance of the deal as a contributor to the development of Qualcomm's gpsOne technology.
- stirring up developer opportunities. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on BREW, an application execution platform from Qualcomm Inc. that is designed to run at the firmware level on a wide variety of phones and other wireless devices. Services BREW offers; Factor that will determine the success or failure of BREW: Advantage of using BREW.
- QUALCOMM's iMSM solutions boost wireless data transmission speeds. // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the introduction of the iMSM wireless data communication systems by QUALCOMM Inc. Product line supporting the firm's High Data Rate (HDR) technology; Compliant of the products with dual-mode cellular and PCS band IS-95B specifications.
- QUALCOMM INTRODUCES BREW 3.0 FOR MULTIMEDIA MOBILE HANDSETS. // Multimedia Publisher;Jan2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
States that Qualcomm Inc., a provider of code division multiple access digital wireless technology, has introduced the third major release of its Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW) client software and BREW software development kit.
- BREW conference brings contracts, third-party alliances. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the BREW developers conference of Qualcomm Inc. Conjunction of several wireless carriers with the conference; BREW trials conducted by Verizon Wireless Inc.; Plans of Alltel Corp. for BREW services.
- Unnatural selection. Laughlin, Kirk // Wireless Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p26
Reports the development plan for GSM-1x networking solution from Qualcomm. Enhancement of spectral efficiencies for operators; Modification of the mobile switching nodes; Maximization of voice transmission.
- Qualcomm high-speed service coming to Japan, Korea. // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p36
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has shipped its high-speed packet data software solution to Japanese and Korean wireless operators.
- Qualcomm unveils Wireless Internet Launchpad suite. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p46
Reports the launching of the Wireless Internet Launchpad suite by Qualcomm Inc. in San Diego, California.
- BREW Brewing Growing Support. // San Diego Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p9
Reports the plan of launching the Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless technology of Qualcomm Inc. by Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Advantages of the technology; Assistance in downloading games and ringtones; Negotiation between Qualcomm and Verizon.