Brits' Holiday Sales Surge, Despite Warnings
- Smart phones, handhelds market growing in Japan. // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p32
Reports that Japan's smart handheld telephones/device market finished 1998 with a 24.3 percent increase, with expectations to reach just under ten million in 2003.
- Santa's packing hot wireless phone deals. Brannon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the holiday promotions of New Orleans, Louisiana-based wireless service providers. Goal of convincing shoppers that cellular phones are the perfect Christmas gift; Advertisements for new discounted rates; Rebate offers for new phones; Chance for old subscribers to upgrade their phones.
- Mobile marketing. Vence, Deborah L. // Marketing News;4/1/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p4
Presents information on a survey of 50 European mobile phone brand-name companies, conducted by research firm Vanson Bourne Ltd. in January 2006. Percentage of major brands that will be marketed via mobile phones by 2008; Percentage of brands which have text-messaging and multimedia messaging...
- South Eastern Asia: MediaCom launches free Wifi service. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/30/2007, p55
The article reports that MediaCom Corp. has launched a free Wifi service on buses plying on select routes. The service has been launched to promote Nokia's N- and E-series mobile phones in Singapore.
- Apple inks deals for Europe iPhone launches. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/24/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 39, p43
The article reports that Apple Inc. officially started making concrete steps toward the iPhone's much-anticipated European market debut. The company announced that it would cut the U.S. price of its 8GByte iPhone by $200, to $399. Apple also announced that O2, the leading wireless carrier in...
- By The Numbers. // Wireless Week;5/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p26
The article offers information on various topics related to wireless communication in the U.S. It cites on the top five-best selling smartphones during the first quarter of 2009 include Apple iPhone, RIM BlackBerry Storm, and T-Mobile G1. It presents the top five vendors in terms of global...
- Environmental Working Group: Lower Your Exposure to Cell Phone Radiation; Comprehensive Online Guide to Low-Radiation Wireless Devices. // Ascribe Newswire: Health;9/10/2009, p2
The article reports on the integration of online consumer guide to low-radiation wireless devices in the U.S. It states that there are already 1000 cell phones marketed in the U.S. that have online consumer guide. It indicates that online consumer guide is a free, user-friendly online tool in...
- Cingular, VZW drop kiddy phones. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that Verizon Wireless and Cingular continue to figure out the potentially lucrative for children's cellular telephone. Verizon has discontinued sales of its kid-focused Migo handset and Cingular has dropped its youth-targeted Firefly device at its retail stores. According to...
- Here Comes the iPhone. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;6/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the commercial launch of Apple's iPhone in June 2007. The author says that there is a little doubt that the iPhone will represent a distinctive departure from traditional cell phone designs. Its primary novelty will be in the user interface which is based on touchscreen...