Salon.com Teams With WindWire
- AlterEgo partners with WindWire. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the partnership between AlterEgo Networks and WindWire Inc. to deliver a mobile-commerce offering in the United States.
- Surf's up. // American Salon;Mar96, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p121
Reports on the launching of the Salon.Net in the Internet, which bills itself as the official Internet guide to the beauty industry. Features; Access; Foundation of the site by Randy Robinson; Electronic mail address.
- Skyhorse, Salon Join Forces on â€œHot Booksâ€. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;7/1/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on Hot Books, a new investigative book imprint launched by publisher Skyhorse and news website Salon in May 2015. Particular focus is given to the Skyhorse-Salon partnership, as well as the online arm of Hot Books. Remarks from Salon Editor in Chief David Daley on journalism...
- Content's Free Ride Is Over. Almost. Mickey, Bill // EContent;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the plan of the company Salon to institute a fee-based plan to raise more revenue. Details on the process of a fee-based plan; Information on the Salon Premium subscription plan of the company; Benefits of subscribing to the premium plan.
- From the Web to the Page. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p25
Provides information on publishing of electronic books in the United States. Salon.com; Nerve.com.
- For richer or poorer. Brown, Andrew // New Statesman;10/18/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4458, p50
Deals with the considerations in making money through the Internet. Advice given by Jim Cramer, founder and one of the columnists on thestreet.com; Why Salon.com failed to earn more than it expected; Disadvantage of raising money from the Internet through share prices.
- Get Big, Sell Out, or Die. Houston, Frank // Columbia Journalism Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on Salon.com, an online magazine. Cost cutting measure of the company; Joint venture with Radio, an online radio site; Brief history of the magazine; Competition posed to other online magazines.
- The Fun and Frenzy of Internet Political Coverage. Tapper, Jake // Nieman Reports;Summer2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p47
Shares the experiences of being a political reporter for Salon.com, an online newspaper. How the medium has changed political campaigns; Advantages and disadvantages of being a writer for Salon.com; Significance of the Web in news reporting.
- Salon dips into Well. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;04/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p12
Announces Web publisher Salon.com's acquisition of The Well, an online community.