Upping The Commitment
- Motient puzzled by RIM Write-down. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the decision of Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) to decrease its financial projection based on its perception of Motient Corporation's financial stability. Criticism against the decision of RIM; Basis of the decision of RIM; Argument defending the financial stability of Motient.
- Motient initiates reverse share split. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p8
Talks about a reverse stock split plan of Motient Corp. Goal for taking the move; Schedule for the casting of votes on the reverse stock split by shareholders.
- Motient Misses a Coupon, but Still Meanders. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p1
Announces the failure of Motient Corp. to handle bankruptcy in 2001. Amount of coupon missed by Motient on its tranche of senior notes due in April 2008; Details on the trading of Motient's bonds; Services offered by the company.
- Motient Continues To Shed No Light on Talks with Bondholders. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 43, pN.PAG
Reports on the conference organized by Reston, Virginia-based wireless communications provider Motient Corp., to discuss future business plans, during its third quarter ending October 30, 2001. Absence of a comment by the company's officials on their ongoing discussions with bondholders;...
- Motient cuts staff by 29%. // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the decision of Motient Corp. to cut its work force by 29 percent to save money in a tight economy. Number of workers the carrier will employ after the cuts.
- Motient's Reorganization Plan Progresses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the proposed reorganization plan of Motient Corp. Agreements entered by Motient with its note holders; Corporate debt of Motient; Services offered by the company.
- Motient connects Palm V to its national network. // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the debut of Motient Corporation's wireless MobileModem by Motient designed for use with the Palm V, Palm Vx, and IBM WorkPad c3 PC Companion. Target market for the device; Features and applications of the device; How the device will be sold.
- Motient Expanding Palm, iPaq E-Mail Services. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p42
Reports the plans of Motient Corp. for the second-quarter shipments of MobileModem radiomodem in Reston, Virginia. Main feature of the radiomodem; Statement regarding customers by director David Wachter; Expansion on the eLink wireless-email service of the company.
- Motient: on track for next year. // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p27
Reports on the corporate profits posted by Motient Corp. for the third quarter of 2001. Additional subscribers of Motient; Total revenue posted by the company.