Wireless Affiliates Still Target 2G
- AT&T Affiliates Face Migration Dilemma. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p3
Reports on AT&T Wireless' acquisition of affiliate TeleCorp PCS and its plan to hasten TeleCorp's global satellite for mobile communication and general packet radio service technologies as of October 15, 2001. Information on AT&T Wireless' designated migration path; Marketing strategy of AT&T;...
- All fixed up. Myers, Alphonso; Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/24/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p19
Reports that the viability of the broadband fixed wireless system that AT&T Wireless Services introduced in four cities in the United States in July 2000 remains to be seen. Function of the AT&T technology, code-named Project Angel; Connectivity problems in the fixed wireless technology; How...
- AT&T extends Project Angel internationally. Smith, Hilary // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p7
Reports that AT&T Wireless group is collaborating with Motorola Inc. to supply equipment for the former's `Project Angel' fixed wireless broadband technology.
- 6 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p42
The article focuses on the launch of AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated's Project Angel digital wireless broadband service to residential customers in Fort Worth, Texas in March 2000. However in 2002, the service was terminated due to excessive costs.
- Triton PCS offers downloadable ring tones. // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p4
Details the plan of Triton PCS, an affiliate of AT & T Wireless Services Inc. to offer its subscribers downloadable ring tones and graphics. Software product to be used by Triton to offer the media applications.
- Carriers Move Closer to Bundling. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p10
Discusses the importance of bundling of other services including broadband and wireline services to companies and to consumers. List of companies that have relationships were the wireline company has dissociated itself from the wireless entity but still retains some of its identification with...
- Triton enters 12 new cities. // RCR;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the expansion of Triton PCS Inc. into twelve additional markets in the Southeastern United States. Number of subscribers; Wireless telecommunication services offered; Number of SunCom retail stores opened in 1999; Marketing of SunCom products in various national retailers.
- AT&T WIRELESS LAUNCHES 3G
UMTS SERVICE IN DETROIT. // Telephone IP News;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports that AT&T Wireless has begun offering customers in Detroit, Michigan access to broadband mobile wireless services with its launch of third generation Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) network. Reaction of Ken Gaffga, vice president of sales for AT&T, to the launch of the...
- CINGULAR WIRELESS EXPANDS WIRELESS SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Nov2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the definitive agreement among Cingular Wireless, AT&T Wireless and Triton PCS on October 21, 2004. Terms of the agreement; Background on the telecommunications companies.