Palm Heats Up Wireless
- Temperature Rising. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p23
Provides information on the wireless handheld computer business of Palm Computing Co. Planned initial public offering of the company; Revenue during the fiscal year ended May 28, 1999; Statistics on the estimated growth of the handheld computer market.
- Integrated computing devices expected to leapfrog in popularity. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the popularity of wireless integrated personal digital assistants (PDA). Capabilities of integrated PDA; Forecasts on PDA shipments; Features of a wireless device released by Palm Inc.
- PDA Price Slashing Continues. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the reduction in prices of personal digital assistants. Reduction in the cost of Handspring's VisorPhone attachment; Reduction in the price of Palm's Palm VIIx.
- Palm: Handoff trouble. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the plan of Palm to provide wireless access for every Palm model. Need for Palm VII users to go to the Palm.Net service through BellSouth Corp.'s Wireless Network which runs on a Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) network; Wireless service for Palm V through OmniSky Corp.'s namesake...
- Palm preparing to boost its corporate image with better wireless, admin tools. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p66
Reports on the partnerships signed by Palm Inc. that enables the company to offer handheld computer models with wireless services in 2001. Partnership with Symbol Technologies; Deal with AvantGo; Information on the partnership with CompuCom Systems.
- PALM. Watson, Brian P. // Baseline;May2006, Issue 58, p84
The article presents information on Sunnyvale, California-based company, Palm. The key executives of the company, including president and CEO Ed Colligan, are presented. Information on the features of the key product of the company, the Treo 700w handheld device, are presented. The article also...
- Palm One Treo 600 takes smartphone to whole new level. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p20A
Reports on the array of applications offered by multifunction mobile devices, or smartphones, such as the PalmOne Treo 600. Combination of telephone and personal digital assistant; Revolutionizing of the business mobile market; Handheld devices from Hitachi, Motorola and Samsung; Multiple...
- PALM. Rideout, Ernie // Keyboard;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p90
Evaluates the personal digital assistant and cellular telephone Treo 650 from Palm. Pros and cons; Specifications.
- Get in Sync. Carlson, Jeff; Fleishman, Glenn // Macworld;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p64
The article offers the author's views on some of the recently launched smart cellular phones. Sales of smart phones have increased by 75 percent. Palm-based PDAs are becoming very popular among the young generation. Palm Inc. has recently launched the Palm OS Treo smart phone, which can run many...