Telecom Falls On Suit Filing
- DT's 'Failure To Disclose. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed against German telecommunication company Deutsche Telekom AG for failure to disclose the advanced nature of its planned merger with VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Reason for the merger; Value of the deal.
- Deutsche Telekom in Polish court defeat. Jones, Simon // Utility Week;5/9/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p10
Reports that Deutsche Telekom has lost a court battle with bankrupt Polish telecommunications and energy firm Elektrim to try and seize control of Polish mobile operator PTC. Claim of Deutsche rejected by the Court of Arbitration in Vienna, Austria; Complaints of Deutsche against Elektrim;...
- A new future for wireless resellers? Levine, Shira // America's Network;7/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the implications of the ruling handed down in VoiceStream Wireless v. All U.S. Communications for the wireless markets. Details on the case; How to prove tortious interference according to New York law.
- Omnipoint Takeout Should Roam to a Close. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p1
Reports the possible success of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.'s acquisition of Omnipoint Corp. despite the petition of Qualcomm Inc. Argument of Qualcomm; Terms of the deal.
- Deutsche Telekom makes U.S. move. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the agreement of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to pay for VoiceStream Wireless company in the United States. Expectation of analysts on the acquisition deal; Comments by DT Chairman Ron Sommer on the deal; Speculation about DT.
- Opportunity found. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the proposal of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to fund the expansion of VoiceStream Wireless company. Why VoiceStream wireless accepted the offer of DT; Benefits of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless and DT; Statement on the interest of DT in VoiceStream issued by Andrew Cole, senior vice...
- GAO finds security oversight lax. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p1
Cites a report of the United States General Accounting Office on the investigation of the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- VoiceStream closes on Aerial. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Aerial Communications Inc.
- Stanton, Sommer speak to integration issues. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the views of Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association chairman Jon Stanton on the merger between VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Expected approval from the Federal Communications Commission; Insight on the merger by Deutsche Telekom chief executive Ron...