No High-flying Plans For New Iridium Venture
- Iridium Satellite Communications Are the Wave of the Future. Wisely, Hugh D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2004, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p76
Not long ago, before Enron's fall from grace, a satellite communications venture called Iridium LLC was one of the most highly publicized bankruptcies in the United States. A group of private investors led by Dan Colussy, the former head of Pan American Airlines, saw the opportunity and bought...
- Hello Again. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Jul2002, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the relaunch of the commercial satellite communications services of Iridium Satellite LLC in Arlington, Virginia, as of July 2002. Information on the operation costs of the company; Details of several changes implemented by Iridium; Features of the services offered by the company.
- Iridium Forgoes Profits To Build Data Market. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/18/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p40
Reports on the investment of Iridium Satellite LLC on software and other technology development in the United States. Goal of the company; Use of two-way call-setup data stream; Introduction of the SatTalk II equipment.
- Iridium Reassesses, Revamps, Relaunches. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p11
Reports on the relaunching of the reorganized Iridium Satellite LLC. Subscribers needed by the company to break even in its operating costs; Target market of Iridium Satellite; Details on the mobile phones used by Iridium.
- New Iridium Venture Targets Niche Markets. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/23/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p64
Reports on the niche artificial satellite markets targeted by Iridium Satellite LLC. Customers needing the global coverage of Iridium's 66-satellite constellation as the main client segment; Amount of revenue goals of the company.
- Letter to the Editor. Desch, Matthew J. // Satellite News;5/21/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the financial statement of Iridium Satellite LLC, from the May 14, 2007 issue.
- Breakthrough Internal Antenna Technology Dramatically Reduced Handset Size. // Antenna Systems & Technology;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p4
The article evaluates the Iridium 9555 handset satellite radio by Iridium Satellite LLC.
- Iridium to expand satellite services offering in Mexico. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2010, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p43
The article reports that Iridium Communications Inc. has expanded satellite services distribution partners to form Iridium Mexico subsidiary in Mexico.
- Iridium rises as Motorola flails. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;2/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the financial performance of telecommunication company Iridium Satellite LLC. Factors behind the growth of the company; Number of satellites of the company; Amount spend by the company on the advertisement for growth.