Moody's May Reward Miami for Improved Finances With Upgrade From Junk
- Moody's-Too Far, Again? Controversial rating practice wins it market share, as in '96. Tempkin, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 25, pN.PAG
Reports that firms dealing in collateralized debt obligation in the U.S. are accusing Moody's Investors Service Inc. of unfair rating practices. Incentive to investors to buy bonds with Moody's rating on it; Restrictions put by rating agencies on collateral bonds that they do not rate; Moody's...
- Moody's, Fitch Theater Further Downgrades of Tobacco Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p4
Reports on possible downgrade in ratings of tobacco bonds by ratings agencies Moody's Investors Services Inc. and Fitch Ratings Inc. Reason behind the downgrade in ratings of bonds; Impact of the downgrade in ratings of bonds on other general obligation bonds.
- Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has realigned its infrastructure finance team to include analysts covering states and large cities in the United States. Goal to increase efficiency in serving clients; Renee Boicourt's appointment to the post of manager of the merged team.
- Moody's Changes Cleveland's Debt Outlook to Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p6
Reports on the change of rating by rating agency Moody's Investors Services for Cleveland's general obligation debt issue. Ratings given to the issue by rating agency Standard & Poor's; Features of the bonds; Reason for change in ratings of the issue.
- Credit Rating: A Tough Business to Enter. // High Yield Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Relates the arguments of Moody's Investors Service against plans to accept new market entrants to the rating agency market.
- The role of the rating agencies. Bertrand, Marsha // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the role of debt-rating agencies. Example of premier debt-rating agencies; Criticisms on the failure of debt-rating agencies to give investors advance warning of the East Asian financial crisis; Problems met by Moody's Investors Service in giving warning to investors.
- Fitch and Moody's Trade Jabs With Competing Studies. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p7
Reports the competition between rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings company in New York. Reports on rating transitions; Differences in rating agency methodology; Downgrades in deals.
- Moody's Downgrades California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of California that were downgraded by financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-billion dollar revenue shortfall that has led to the downgrade; Significance of the ratings; Expectations of financial analysts regarding the state's deficits.
- Moody's Lowers Rapid City, S.D., Hospital. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on the downgraded bond ratings of Rapid City Regional Hospital in South Dakota by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-million dollar outstanding debt that the downgrade affects; Multi-million dollar revenue bonds that the hospital system plans to sell in April, 2003;...