Congressional Leaders Say Tax Cut Bill Is Dead For This Year
- Straw Bill in California. West, Brian // Earth Island Journal;Summer96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on the Thompson bill in California, which would give a tax credit to companies that buy rice straw for value-added pruposes.
- Tax Credit For Aluminum Plant Lowers Costs From Coal. Kuykendall, Taylor // State Journal (WV);3/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on a new bill that has been passed in the House of Delegates and the Senate of West Virginia which allows the coal suppliers to gain tax credits of about dollar 20 million against severance tax liability and benefits the electric power providers which use coal.
- Venture capitalists push for new type of fund. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/5/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the legislation concerning the venture fund called certified capital company (capco) in Lansing, Michigan. Investment in small businesses; Impact of the bill to tax credits of insurance companies; Benefits of capco to venture-capital firms.
- Small firms may get corporate tax credits. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;12/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p3
The article reports on legislative bill A-4342 which will allow small-business owners who are paying their business taxes as personal income tax to get a range of tax credits in New Jersey.
- House Bill Would Modify 25C Tax Credits and Make Them Permanent. // ACCA Insider;9/20/2012, p1
The article reports on the introduction of a bipartisan bill that would reinstate the 25C residential energy efficiency tax credits,and would also make them permanent.
- Bill would give firms tax credits for employing homeless; measure passes out of committee. Wallace, Brice // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/13/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 29, p5
This article reports on the passage of the bill HB101, which would provide tax credits to companies for employing homeless people, in the U.S. House Revenue and Taxation Committee.
- Bill Would Give Renewable Energy Credits to Muni Utilities. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p6
Reports on a legislation to make renewable energy tax credits available to public power utilities. Provisions of the legislation; Possible impact of the legislation on companies; Types of companies to be affected by the legislation.
- Proposed Measure Offers Taxable Tax-Credit Bond Program Aimed at Rural Areas. Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p4
Reports on the proposed Rural Renaissance Act of Senator Norm Coleman in the U.S. Establishment of a tax-credit bond program; Formation of a nonprofit corporation to finance infrastructure project; Limitation of bond issuance nationwide.
- Tax Credit Bill Passes Senate. // American Indian Report;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the approval of the Jumpstart Our Business Strengths Act by the U.S. Senate in 2004. Objective of the bill; Budget that will be appropriated by the bill for new market tax credits.