Maryland Governor Proposes $750 Million Plan to Improve Mass Transit
- Maryland House Breaks With Governor On Budget, Refuses to Delay Tax Cut. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p5
Reports the passing of a budget bill by governor, Parris N. Glendening before the house of delegates in Maryland. Reduction of the fundings for governors; Completion of the budget process by the legislature; Details on the meeting of the Senate and house of representatives.
- MARYLAND: Cutting Costs. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p38
Focuses on Maryland governor Parris Glendening's announcement regarding multi-million dollar cost-cutting in the state. Need for cost cuts in Maryland; Steps taken towards cost-cutting; Security costs to the state for a fiscal year.
- Mr. Smart Growth. Laing, Keith // Hill;4/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p18
The article presents a profile of Parris N. Glendening who is the former Maryland Governor and president of the Smart Growth Leadership Institute.
- Governors to tackle sprawl. // State Government News;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p8
Provides information on the initiative of Maryland Governor Parris Glendening to tackle the issue of growth as part of his duties as chairman of the National Governors' Association.
- How One State Enhanced Diversity on the Bench. Fucheck, Andrea Leahy // Judges' Journal;Summer2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p33
The article analyzes Maryland's appointment process during and leading to Governor Parris N. Glendening's eight year term (1995-2003). The encouragement of qualified minority and female applicants was the emphasis of Governor Glendening's judicial appointment process. The initial selection...
- Ellen Sauerbrey. // U.S. News & World Report;1/9/95, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on Ellen Sauerbrey, the Maryland Republican who lost her bid to become governor by fewer than 6,000 votes. Her lawsuit asking that she be declared the winner or that the court order a new election for governor; Issue of 11,400 votes that she claims are invalid; Winner Parris...
- Will Sauerbrey challenge election results? // Human Events;12/30/94, Vol. 50 Issue 50, p5
Reports on the possibility of Maryland Republican gubernatorial candidate Ellen Sauerbrey filing a lawsuit alleging voter fraud against Democrat Parris Glendening who won the election on November 8, 1995. Republican investigation.
- Outgoing Maryland Gov. Unveils Borrowing Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p4
Reports on the plans of Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening to finance the state's fiscal 2003 capital budget with general obligation bonds. Reasons behind issue of bonds for the capital budget; Provisions of the transportation construction budget.
- Two ASPA Members are Named Governing's Public Officials of the Year. Glendening, Parris N. // PA Times;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
Profiles Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening, an American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) member who was named one of the Public Officials of the Year by the 'Governing' magazine. Disasters that characterized his first term in office; Improvements that transpired before the end of...