Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors
- Charter School Excitement. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on developments concerning charter school bonds in the United States as of September 29, 2000. Investors' key role in raising the acceptance of the bonds; Issuance by the Maricopa County, Arizona Industrial Development Authority on behalf of the Horizon Community Learning Center Project.
- Schools Set to Sample Bond-Related Innovations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p4
Reports on the United States Department of Education's plan to focus on bond-related innovative finance for charters schools. Department's plan to introduce a demonstration program for charter schools; Congress' plan to increase funding for the credit enhancement program in 2002.
- Sarasota County, Fla., Charter School Closes on Rare Muni Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p29
The article reports on the municipal bond offering that has been closed by the Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences for a Florida charter school.
- Bond Issue Blazes Trail for Charter Schools in Texas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p24
Reports on Fate Higher Education Facilities Corp.'s plan to issue revenue-backed bonds to fund facilities and programs for the North Hills Charter School, based in Irving, west of Dallas, Texas. School officials' plan to use the state's first charter school bond deal to make their operation...
- Miller & Schroeder sets compass for charter schools. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p25
Reports on Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc.'s decision to focus more on charter schools with financing needs as well as nonprofit and economic development issuers as it seeks new opportunities in the municipal market. Company's staff recruitment plans; Risks in the...
- Riverhead Charter School, N.Y., Bonds Downgraded to BB-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34346, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its rating to BB-plus from BBB-minus on Riverhead IDA Economic Job Development Corp., N.Y.'s series 2013A and 2013B revenue bonds issued on behalf of Riverhead Charter School (RCS).
- Charter School of Boynton Beach, Fla., Downgraded to D by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34364, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term rating to D from CC on Boynton Beach, Fla.'s series 2012A tax-exempt and 2012B taxable revenue bonds, issued for and supported by the Charter School of Boynton Beach.
- Westlake, Tex., Issues Debt For Charter School of Its Own. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p1
Focuses on the plans of the city of Westlake, Texas for sale of its certificates of obligations to finance one of its chartered school. Ratings awarded to the certificates; Promise made by the city to support the certificates; Factors that gave recognition to the prospective sale.
- The false friends of charter schools. Vanourek, Gregg; Manno, Bruno V. // Education Week;04/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p60
Opinion. Examines the proposal of United States President Bill Clinton for funding of charter schools. Importance of charter schools; Strategies employed by opposers of charter schools; Increase in the number of charter schools in the United States; Constraints of the charter proposal of Clinton.