- Obtaining low bond interest rates. Bittel, Steven D.; Grill, Robbin R. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov95, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p48
States that more savings for healthcare facilities can be achieved by employing a strategic approach to secure low bond interest rates. Benefits of a low interest rate; Change in the mindset of healthcare executives; Securing a low interest rate. INSET: Sample questions to determine the...
- Chris Taylor, North Carolina Medical Commission. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p65
Reports the effort of Chris Taylor, adviser of the North Carolina Medical Commission, in shaping bond deals to make health care affordable. Completion of tax-exempt operating lease; Sale of issues for hospital and retirement centers; Projects for hospital refundings.
- Brisk pace continues for new bond issues. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;7/15/96, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p44
Reports on the emerging popularity of bond issue deals among healthcare system or facility mergers and consolidations in the United States for the first half of 1996. Tax-exempt debt healthcare deal that formed the Allegheny Delaware Valley Obligated Group; Variable-rate bonds sold by...
- Rising interest rates suppress bond volume. // Modern Healthcare;4/11/94, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the decline in tax-exempt healthcare bond volume for the quarter ended March 31, 1994. Comparison with 1993 figures; Rise in interest rates as factor; Brown & Wood as lead bond counsel; Paine Wepper as top managing underwriter.
- Experts cite debt management as remedy for health care woes. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30708, p1
Focuses on the importance of a review of debt management policies to cope with the current crisis in health care bond ratings in the United States. Bond rating downgrades in the sector; Recommendations from analysts to help preserve cash balances and enhance liquidity of health facilities; Bond...
- Sale of $272M Planned for University of Maryland Hospital. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p3
Reports on the planned sale of the revenue bond of the Maryland Health and Higher Education Facilities Authority for the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) in Washington D.C. Composition of the bond issuance of medical system for UMMS; Plan of the medical system to consolidate its...
- California's $13 Billion Question Tops Off a Heavy Ballot Out West. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the decision of voters on the 40 million dollars of bond measures in San Francisco, California. Recognition of California to be the biggest bond measure in the national history; Estimation of 13 billion dollars general obligation measures to fund educational facilities; Plans to return...
- Bond issues on the rise. // American School & University;Apr97, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p3
Highlights the performance of bond issues in the United States in 1996. Funds allocated for educational facilities from 1992 to 1996.
- Ohio offers schools $1 billion incentive to get bonds passed. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p28
Reports that the Ohio School Facilities Commission is offering one billion of state matching funds to needy districts that can pass bond referendums. Help needed by Ohio school buildings; School building program in Ohio; Bond referendums facing Ohio voters.