Critics Speak Up as Philadelphia Tries to Put PAID to Stadium Plan
- STADIUM PARADE GOES ON WITH MONTREAL, SAN DIEGO DESIGNS. Keeney, Gavin; Warson, Albert // Architectural Record;May2000, Vol. 188 Issue 5, p47
Features two proposed baseball stadiums in Montreal, Quebec and San Diego, California. Use of dramatic but intimate architecture; Architects involved.
- Accident could delay Milwaukee stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p4
Reports on the possible delay in the opening of the Milwaukee Brewers ballpark in Wisconsin, due to a construction accident in July 1999 that killed three workers. Issuance of bonds to pay for the stadium's construction; Expected opening date.
- Laing O'Rourke pitches for Irish sports stadium. // Contract Journal;10/30/2002, Vol. 416 Issue 6401, p8
Reports on the interest of several firms from different countries on building a national stadium in Ireland. List of interested companies; Plan of the Irish government; Proposed design of the stadium.
- Cincinnati Project Costs Rise As Owner Looks for Cause. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/28/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the construction of Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Increase in the construction costs of the stadium; Factors that led to cost overruns of the construction project.
- Asia. Green, Peter; Gonchar, Joann // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/30/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on the construction industry in Asia. Decline of aid extended by funding agencies for specific projects; Risks taken by international design and construction companies; Growth of the Chinese construction market; Construction of several Japanese stadiums.
- Minneapolis Officials to Start Work on New Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p4
Reports the commencement of creating a work site plan for a baseball stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Recommendation of a citizens' advisory panel; Presentation of several proposals for the funding of the project; Review on the cost associated with the project.
- DISMAYED WITH COST OVERRUNS, COUNTY SEARCHES FOR REASONS. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/05/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p11
Reports the budget overruns for the construction of Paul Brown Stadium in Hamilton County, Ohio. Intention of a county commissioner to find out the total construction costs; Insufficiency in draft audit documentation by PricewaterHouseCoopers; Reasons causing overall budget overruns;...
- Liverpool FC plays four up front at Â£70m new stadium. // Contract Journal;11/6/2002, Vol. 416 Issue 6402, p3
Focuses on the construction project for Liverpool Football Club's stadium in England in 2002. Cost of the construction project; Contractors competing for the project's contract; Scheduled completion of the stadium.
- Erector claims design error. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/10/95, Vol. 234 Issue 14, p10
Reports that the steel erector for the Olympic stadium under construction in Atlanta, Georgia, is blaming a design error for a fatal March 20, 1995 collapse involving a lighting assembly. Support design; Canopy trusses; Loadings.