Reading between the lines
- The Plot Thickens. // Cabinet Maker;02/19/99, Issue 5126, p8
Focuses on the changing consumer requirements for display and storage furniture in Great Britain. Use of bookcase for a variety of storage purposes; Consumer preference for simple yet versatile display items; Finishes.
- Untitled. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p1
The article feature furniture from different manufacturers in the U.S. compiled as of March 2007. The products featured include the Central Park Collection from Lexington Home Brands Inc., an armless sofa in tangy orange leather from McKinley Leather and the Royal Manner bookcase from Highland...
- Modular Barrister's Bookcases. White, Rick // Woodworker's Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p43
Presents steps to make a barrister bookcase system.
- a warming trend. Feldman, Melissa // Contract;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p28
The article offers information on the trade show, Salone Internazionale del Mobile 2011, an event for furniture industry, architects and designers, held in Milan, Italy. It states that international architects, Zaha Hadid, Norman Foster and Jean Nouvel, were represented with products at the...
- Zorio teams up with Nick Oak for new line. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;4/7/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p148
The article reports on the contribution of Sergio Zorio to the development of bookcase and television console manufacturer Nick Oak Inc. in Tijuana, Baja California in Mexico. Zorio decided to engage in the company with the aim of helping it produce and export its products starting February...
- Harris Lebus Library Bureau. English, John // Woodworker's Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p28
This article presents a photograph and information about a library bookcase. The eye-catching reproduction piece displays many of the signature aspects of the British Arts & Crafts style, including a chamfered crown, muntins in the glazed doors, gentle arches in the paneled doors, solid...
- Colorful lacquered executive furnishings. Catinella, Rita F. // Architectural Record;Jun2004, Vol. 192 Issue 6, p363
The fruit of one of the Fantoni Research Center's experimental projects, the Stripes collection of executive office furniture was recognized with an award at this year's Salone del Mobile's office exhibition, Eimu 2004. Developed in cooperation with Marco Viola, Stripes uses a sequence of...
- AICO Office expands * line with bars, fireplaces. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/29/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p44
The article focuses on AICO's launching of its AICO Office Systems in April 2005 in relation to its goal to diversify business beyond residential home furnishings. The company's high style of residential case goods were reflected in the designs of its executive desks, lateral file cabinets,...
- Knock on wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p64
Offers suggestion on how to preserve a stacking oak bookcase made by the Globe-Wernicke Co. Way of protecting and enhancing the color and the wood; Tip on how to lubricate the friction surfaces on a sticky drawer.