Let's aim high for the new year
- Tupelo has high hopes. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;2/18/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p1
The article forecasts furniture industry trends in Tupelo, Mississippi as of February 2008. Market officials and exhibitors are hoping for continued traffic and order writing in the industry. A positive aspect of the local market is that retailers of promotional furniture welcome the tax refund...
- We've still got too much stock but at least we're feeling optimistic again. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p6
Reports on retail trends in Great Britain's furniture industry. Volume of orders between end of 1998 and first quarter of 1999; Trends in volume of sales; Margin trends; Forecasts for 1999.
- A 'golden trading period' on the way. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p4
Forecasts the increase in the profits of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the year 2002.
- Hope on the horizon, but change is needed. Hoffman, Simon // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p7
Forecast the growth of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain for the year 2002 despite speculations that the economy is heading towards another recession. Factors that may cause the growth of the industry; Sectors of the industry where sustained sales growth will be achieved.
- Expect cool, wet conditions. // Casual Living;Aug2008, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p84
The article presents information on the weather condition and retail sales in the U.S. in August 2008. Information on the retail industry same-store sales in August 2007 is presented. August 2008 will be cool and wet for the whole nation except along the Canadian border and parts of Texas....
- Analysis -- January 2008. // Retail Trade;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increasing sales of the retail industry in Canada as of January 2008. Building and outdoor home supplies stores led the way at 3.2%, followed by clothing and accessories stores at 2.9%, furniture, home furnishing and electronics stores at 2.5%. On the strength of these...
- RETAIL INTELLIGENCE. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p26
The article focuses on the survey among furniture retailers in Great Britain. According to the survey, 43% of retailers have reported an increase in sales value, 29% have reported inactive and 28% have undergone declination in September 2006. The survey also reveals that business performance on...
- 2005 forecast: Growth in furniture spending to slow to 4.1% rate. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p12
Provides an industry forecast for the 2005 retail furniture sales in the United States. recovery of the industry in 2004; Consumer spending statistics on furniture and bedding; Expected increase on consumer spending; Meager rise in the furniture prices at retail; Slight increase in the wholesale...
- Tough times ahead as purse strings tighten. // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p4
Reports on the forecast on the performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Sales forecast; Plan of the buyers to cut back on spending; Attempts of retailers to stimulate spending.