Winding up petition
- Philip French: An ASPE legend. Fisher, Sarah // PM Engineer;Jul95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p60
Profiles Philip French, while examining his role in the plumbing engineering industry. Careers in the plumbing engineer field; Involvement of French in the ASPE.
- New iron age. Holler, Tony // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p22
Features the metal furniture products made by British specialist manufacturer House of Iron. Includes a gothic round dining table with Avanti side chair; Sherborne Collection wooden topped table with Avanti padded chairs; Company profile.
- House of Iron in design and dismissal dispute. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/30/2001, Issue 5231, p3
Focuses on a dispute between House of Iron and sales marketing manger Ian Whitehouse in Great Britain. Payment claim of Whitehouse for unfair dismissal; Ownership of the design rights; Comments regarding the dismissal of Whitehouse.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // British Kinematography;Jun1962, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p159
The article evaluates France French liner projector supplied by French Philips.
- READERS' LETTERS. Fletcher, Edward; Lucas, Tim; Mills, Roy; Bennett, Tony; Howell, David // Sight & Sound;Oct2015, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p119
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles including "The reunion" of August issue, "â€˜Ups, downs and disappointments" by Philip French of July issue, and letter of the month is awarded in response to "The road to excess" by Hunter of September issue.
- End credits for Philip French. McCabe, Douglas // New Statesman;7/19/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5167, p14
The author lauds the work of Philip French, a long-time film critic for the British newspaper "Observer" on the occasion of his planned August 2013 retirement. He says French respected popular as well as art films and cited genres he wrote about in significant ways, including cowboy films and...
- BROUGHT TO BOOK. Sinyard, Neil // Sight & Sound;Nov2014, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p111
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Moral Tales" by Philip French, which was published in the October 2014 issue.
- Observed and Projected. Dixon, Wheeler Winston // Post Script;Fall92, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p61
The article reviews the book "The Press: Observed and Projected," edited by Philip French and Deac Rossell.
- Three Honest Men: Edmund Wilson, F.R. Leavis, Lionel Trilling (Book). Shechner, Mark // New Republic;2/17/82, Vol. 186 Issue 7, p32
Reviews the book "Three Honest Men: Edmund Wilson, F. R. Leavis, Lionel Trilling," edited by Philip French.