S&P's Chicago Hires Leave No Tax-Exempt Stone Unturned
- S&P looking hard at brokers hooked on trading income. // American Banker;7/29/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 145, p18
Reports Standard & Poor's Corp.'s assertion that ratings of securities firms heavily dependent on trading income could come under pressure if profits from market making do not rebound in the second half of 1994.
- Standard & Poor's Top 10s. // Money Marketing;4/22/2004, p26
Presents several graphs depicting the top ten financial service companies ranked by Standard & Poor's.
- Vallecitos Water District, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34316, p19
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its rating on Vallecitos Water District, California's enterprise debt to AA-plus from AA in May 2015.
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p3
The article reports on the selective default rating given by Standard & Poor's (S&P) to Charter. It mentions the reason behind the rating.
- All change at PwC US. // Accountancy;Sep2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1297, p17
Reports on the plan of Standard & Poor's to acquire PricewaterhouseCoopers' Corporate Value Consulting business. Restructuring plan of PricewaterhouseCoopers; Redundancy announcements; Acquisition of British pay consultancy Monks Partnership by PricewaterhouseCoopers' human resource consulting...
- Collins & Aikman loan gets low rating. Armstrong, Julie // Automotive News;2/9/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6079, p3
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Friday, February 6, 2004 assigned a noninvestment grade B+ rating, commonly known as "junk," to the U.S.-based Collins & Aikman Products Corp.'s latest loan of $100 million. Parent company Collins & Aikman Corp. in Troy, Michigan, guaranteed the loan.
- BRIEFLY. Merx, Katie; Lane, Amy; Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;9/3/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p26
Presents news briefs related to business enterprises in Detroit, Michigan, as of September 3, 2001. Effects of Ford Motor Co.'s cancellation of a redesign for the Ranger on Venture Industries Corp.; PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP's sale of its value consulting business to Standard & Poor's Corp.;...
- Introducing the Technology Review Index. McDonald, Duff // Technology Review;Mar2005, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p46
This section presents the Technology Review Index, which provides an invaluable reference point for those with a stake in technological innovation. Developed in conjunction with Standard and Poor's, these global equity indices will serve as in-house gauge of the pulse of innovation at 150 of the...
- S&P Acquires CRE Software Provider. // National Mortgage News;02/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p31
Reports that Standard & Poor's has acquired Charter Research Corp., a provider of analytical software to the commercial mortgage industry. Goal of the rating agency to enhance its product portfolio for the commercial mortgage industry.
- NEW MEXICO: DOE Aids Los Alamos Rating. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32531, p31
The article reports on the influence of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) regarding the change in the underlying rating of the revenue debt of Los Alamos County Utility Systems in New Mexico by the Standard & Poor's Corp. The Los Alamos' rating was raised from A-minus to A. The change was due...