Texas Surplus Sought for School Debt
- Grants Spur School Debt. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30944, p1
Reports on the debt service grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency to spur a one billion dollar new school bond issuance. Business that will be provided to municipal bond deal-makers; Issue of the Equity Center School Facilities Corp.
- Texas School Bond Market Stampede Averted as Judge Throws Out Injunction. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p3
Reports that a Travis County, Texas judge has thrown out a temporary injunction against the state, setting the Texas Education Agency free to decide which of 387 school districts that applied for state assistance with debt service would receive it. Disbursement of the state's Instructional...
- Texas to Allocate $1.1 Billion of QSCBs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/20/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33320, p1
The article reports that the Texas Education Agency will allocate more than one billion dollars worth of federally subsidized qualified school construction bonds (QSCB) to local districts in Texas.
- Dallas ISD Working on FY07 Audit as $1.35B Bond Vote Nears. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p6
The article reports on the delay in Dallas Independent School District's (DISD) filing for its fiscal 2007 audit that was due to the Texas Education Agency which is set to be completed. School officials do not know the exact date of its completion. DISD claimed that the audit may reveal...
- Waiting Game in Texas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p1
Reports on the new-money general obligation bond offerings of the Clear Creek Independent School District (ISD) and the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in Texas. Advantage offered by high interest rates for Clear Creek; Consideration of Cypress-Fairbanks whether to delay their deal until the U.S. Internal...
- Texas School Bond Guarantor To Boost Size After IRS Ruling. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p1
Reports on the anticipation of a private letter ruling from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service approving a request to expand the capacity of state's Permanent School Fund (PSF) as a guarantor for school bonds by the Texas Education Agency. Appropriation of funds to back bonds guaranteed under...
- Burnet schools improve in state ratings. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/4/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 31, p1A
The article offers information on a report by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), according to which schools located in Burnet, Texas have improved in ratings, which include Burnet County Consolidated Independent School District, the district's high school and middle school.
- Correction. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/13/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p2A
A correction to the article about Texas Education Agency (TEA) accountability ratings for Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) is presented.
- Employees fingerprinted at MISD. Satff // Malakoff News (TX);10/22/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 42, p1A
The article discusses that Malakoff Independent School District (MISD) teachers were fingerprinted in accordance with the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to assure the security of the children, teachers, and staff in public schools in Texas.