Wells' Tax-Free Turnabout
- Many Strong execs to stick with Wells. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;5/31/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p2
Key investment professionals at Strong Financial Corp., including top portfolio managers Richard T. Weiss and Thomas J. Pence, have signed on to stay with Wells Capital Management Inc. Last week, Wells Fargo & Co. officials announced the company's long-expected acquisition of Menomonee Falls,...
- Northwest Investment in `expansion mode'. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p38
Announces the decision of Norwest Investment Services Inc., the leading Minnesota underwriter of municipal bond debt, to expand its client list. Firm's acquisition of additional banking-underwriting powers from the Federal Reserve Board; Important aspects of the firm's tier 2 status.
- Wells focuses on attracting new businesses. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;3/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on Wells Capital Management's efforts to attract businesses. Details on the company's investment performance; Comments from Robert Bissell, president and chief investment officer; Financial information on the company; Details on the company's strategies to attract businesses.
- Paradox of a bull market. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;6/1/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p12
Editorial. Presents information on the views of James W. Paulsen, chief investment officer of Norwest Investment Management Incorporated, in relation to the performance of the United States economy. Information on Norwest; Details on debt growth after World War II; Number of management firms...
- Norwest Bank to sell 403(b) plans in Midwestern states. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 36, p55
Reports on the partnership between Norwest Investment Management and The Legend Group to sell 403(b) plans to employees of public sector organizations in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Equities keeping `new blood' out of bonds; Indiana airport deal offers some hope. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30392, p9
Discloses that Norwest Investment Services Inc. and City Securities Corp. are reporting a decline in their retail municipal business as a results of heavy competition from stocks in the United States. Benefits of the negotiated financing for an airport on the Midwest to the retail market;...
- Norwest Hopes Wells Fargo Merger Will Drive Public Finance Expansion. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30498, p3
Reports on Norwest Investment Services Inc.'s plans in the Northwest municipal market following its merger with Wells Fargo in fall 1998. Plan to open public finance offices in the Northwest; Remarks from William Gabler, senior vice president and manager of public finance; Schedule of...
- Norwest opens office in L.A. as it expands West Coast presence. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p24
Reports on the expansion of Norwest Investment Services Inc. in the West Coast. Appointment of bankers Cindy Jeong and Anthony Moore; Norwest's merger with Wells Fargo & Co.; Factors which contributed to the firm's decision to move West.
- Wells Fargo, Norwest unite fund families, poor peformance. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p6
Reports on the merger of the mutual fund families of Wells Fargo Capital Management Inc. and Norwest Investment Management. Challenges facing the merger including the poor performance of the funds; Effect on shareholder returns; Partnership viewed as a positive marketing move for the firms.