MightyWords Turns To Next Page In E-Matter Publishing Evolution
- MightyWords gets $36 million in funding. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul2000, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p31
Reports on BarnesandNoble.com Inc.'s purchase of a 20-million-dollar stake in Mightywords.com, an electronic publishing and distribution portal for new and established authors. Other major investors in the portal; Spinoff of Mightywords.com from its original founder, Fatbrain.com; Terms of the...
- Mighty Man. Mara, Janis // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/7/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p14
Profiles Chris MacAskill, chief executive officer of electronic publisher Mighty Words. Company history; MacAskill's career background; Services offered; Business operations.
- Mighty Words Adopts B2B Focus. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the decision of online publishing company MightyWords.com to refocus its business model to emphasize sales through affiliated Web sites as of December 18, 2000. Services provided under the strategy; Factors that led to the change in strategy.
- Riding the paper trail. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p52
Observes two major events in publishing. Publication of Stephen King's short story, `Riding the Bullet,' in an electronic format; Information on MightyWords.com site; Advantages and disadvantages from downloading books on the Internet.
- MightyWords Closes Down. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;12/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the closure of MightyWords.com, a publishing company which planned to digitally distribute original short works. Reason for the business closure; Changes in the business model of the company; Information on the formation and financing of the company.
- MightyWords Creates the Mighty Network. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the launch of the Mighty Network, a network of web sites that distributes titles drawn from the catalog of digital content belonging to company MightyWords. Custom stores that will be set up by Adobe.com, DevX, Fatbrain.com, and Marketing-Sherpa.com to offer unique digital titles...
- Book site gives Mighty money. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;06/07/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the entry of Barnes & Noble.com Inc. into the electronic publishing sector, with an investment to MightyWords.
- OverDrive Teams with Adobe, MightyWords. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 43, p28
Reports on the deals made by OverDrive, an electronic publishing service and digital reseller, with Adobe Acrobat and MightyWords.com. Terms of the deals; Information on Content Reserve, the digital wholesaling unit of OverDrive.
- Emerging Opportunities from the Evolving Book. Quint, Barbara // Information Today;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on various developments in the electronic publishing world. How barnesandnoble.com has invested in MightyWords.com, a service that allows authors to publish directly on the Web; Content of MightyWords; How Stephen King published a novella in Web-only format; How Fatbrain.com offers a...