Adult And Children's Hardcover Sales Rose, As Paperbacks Declined
- behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy; Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p20
Presents news briefs on book trade in the United States as of April 10, 2000. Details on the sales of some bestselling books; Theme of the book `High Fidelity,' by Nick Hornby; Status of the sales of some Christian fiction books.
- The Web Is Sweeping Book Stores Right Along. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/06/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p39
Reveals trends in book buying in the United States. Impact of online selling of books on retail bookstores; Success of Barnes & Noble in turning their bookstores into a pseudo-cultural center; Findings of a consumer survey on bookbuyers' views on electronic books.
- BISG Projects 5% Gain In Book Sales in 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the projected increase in total book sales in 2000 in the United States. Why the greatest gain in the year is predicted for the children's segment; Estimated revenues in the adult category; Factor that has hindered the growth of book clubs; Estimated increase in sales in the...
- The Usual Suspects revail. McEvoy, Dermot; Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p46
Reports the trends in the trading and selling of fiction books in the United States. Details on the 1999 paperback bestseller list; Sales status of the book `Chicken Soup.'
- SPRINGING THE PARENT TRAP. Lodge, Sally // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p62
Focuses on the sales status of books about child care and parenting in the United States. Reason for Robins Lane Press to launch books for parents; Comparison on the number of books published about parenting adolescents and teenagers with guiding parents on child care. INSETS: Defining Kids'...
- Book `em: A look at consumer demand for books. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the increase in reading time of almost all age groups in the United States that may increase book sales. Retail bookstore sales during the first quarter of 1998; Role of the Internet in the demand for books.
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the performance of the book industry in the United States for 1990. Publishers' revenues for the first nine months of 1995; Book purchasing patterns of the United States consumer; Total sales by the industry; Producer price index for books in the United States; Statistics on exports...
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p89
Assesses the book publishing industry in the United States. Increase in revenue for the first three months of 1990; Surge in demand for books and personal consumption expenditures; Data on purchases, sales, production and hours worked in employment and earnings; Growth in exports and imports of...
- U.S. book returns, 1984-1989. Greco, Albert N. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p46
Studies the book return phenomenon that affected the United States book industry for the year 1984 to 1989. Statistics about the US book industry; Causes of the increase in book returns; Suggestions to reduce book returns.