Random House Snares Ingram Exec Youngsuk Chi To Develop Asian Biz
- Random House builds in Asia, taps Chi prez. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;12/12/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p6
Reports the appointment of former Ingram Group chief operating officer Youngsuk Chi as president of Random House in Asia. Move as part of the effort to establish a stronger presence in the Asian market; Job responsibilities of Chi; Role in expanding the scope and experience of the company's...
- Profile: Youngsuk ('YS') Chi. Tonkery, Dan // Serials;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p164
Features Youngsuk Chi, vice chairman of Elsevier. Educational background; Achievements in the book distribution business; Views on the publisher's responsibility for archiving.
- Random House Pushes Further Into E- Publishing, Creates New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
Reports on book publisher Random House's plan to launch a digital publishing unit. Debut of AtRandom in January 2000 with 20 original titles available as ebooks or paperbacks printed-on-demand; Investment in vanity press Xlibris; Formation of a digital audio imprint with Audible Inc.
- RH makes major revisions in terms of sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Random House has instituted major revisions in its terms of sale for its trade publishing groups. Terms which become effective on June 3, 1996, including a flat discount for retailers; Discounts given to Random House's Selective Distribution (SD) customers; The old schedule;...
- RH realigns trade sales and marketing group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 29, p106
Reports on Random House's plans to restructure its trade sales and marketing unit. The unification of the division's sales and marketing activities for each or Random House's publishing groups; The establishment of a new department for sales planning and information; Comments from Bruce Harris,...
- RANDOM HOUSE, INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Features the English-language trade publisher Random House Inc. in New York, New York. Company history; Publications of the company; Details on the merchandising support programs of the firm.
- Random House Congratulates Itself On Year Of Growth And Accolades. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p6
Reports the sales growth in the major publishing categories of Random House in first fiscal year of 2001. Records sales and profits for fiscal 2000; Inclusion of 162 titles on the New York Times bestseller list; Operational challenges encountered by the company.
- Random House Targets Spanish-Language Market With New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;03/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p5
Reports the efforts of publisher Random House Inc. to focus on Spanish-language market in the United States. Publication of original Spanish-language titles and translated versions of frontlist books; Percentage of Spanish books sold in the country; Establishment of distribution plan for...
- Agents Navigate A Business Where Idiosyncrasies Have Replaced Standard Industry Practice. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p1
Focuses on the competitive bidding among publishing houses. Reference to the case involved by Random House Inc.; Limitation on the bidding policies; Comments of book agents about the issue.