Author Specific Web Network Helps Publisher's Revenue, Readers Grow
- Fulfillment firms prioritize Internet services. Harvey, Mary // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p45
Focuses on fulfillment houses' use of the Web to keep pace with publishers Internet initiatives. Increase in Web-based orders; Capability to process subscriber transactions through the Internet; Use of e-mail marketing.
- Electronic orders threaten publishers' postal status. Harvey, Mary // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p135
Focuses on the growth of the number of Internet orders as a threat to some publishers' ability to obtain the `periodicals' status needed to reduce postal rates. Qualifications for the status; Use of an authorized third party to verify electronic requests as a solution; Comparison of rates for...
- EMAIL SUBJECT-LINE TESTING: CHEAP RENEWAL RESPONSE-BOOSTER FOR SOME B-TO-B'S. // Circulation Management;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p27
Discusses several approaches to subject-line testing when using e-mail for marketing efforts of publishing companies and of business-to-business publishers. Use of personalization; Variations in the sender's name; Public response to subject-line testing.
- Small publishers reap benefits of online exposure. Tramer, Harriet // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p21
Reveals that Kirtland, Ohio-based small-sized publisher Senay Publishing Inc. has revived its sales of cookbooks by marketing in the Internet. Web site established by the publisher to sell the cookbooks.
- Net results. Witthaus, Michele // Marketing Week;3/2/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p49
Reports on growing number of business-to-business publishers launching their brand franchising on the Internet. Efforts of the Periodical Publishers Association to address the trend; Outlook for the development of magazine brands on the Internet; Factors driving trend; Challenges facing...
- The Content Marketing Revolution. KINSMAN, MATT; SILBER, TONY // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Apr2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the emerging trend of content marketing in the U.S. publishing industry. As reported, three factors are driving the content marketing boom including the focus of brands on social media, search engine optimization and lead generation. As mentioned, content marketing as a...
- A Behavioral Targeting Tip Sheet. MICKEY, BILL // Audience Development;Spring2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p13
The article discusses the benefits of behavioral targeting for publishers to micro-target their e-marketing campaigns to website visitors.
- Don't Confuse the Medium for the Message. HAINAULT, PATRICK // Audience Development;Summer2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p34
The article focuses on the need for publishers to concentrate on content and design in marketing. Topics discussed the increasing relevance of digital marketing and the availability of communication technology for use in digital publishing and marketing campaigns. The need to develop effective...
- Subscribe to the Digital Publishing Report! Subscribe to the (New) Digital Marketing Report! // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;11/3/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p16
The article presents guidelines on how to subscribe to the "Digital Publishing Report" and "Digital Marketing Report" newsletters from the Joss Group.