DK Will Publish Star Wars Books Once Again, Despite Past Disaster
- Star Wars Disaster Dumps DK Earnings. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;1/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the operating loss posted by Great Britain-based illustrated book publisher Dorling Kindersley (DK) after selling properties of the motion picture `Star Wars' in 1999. Factors which led to the operating loss; Resignation of DK chief executive James Middlehurst; Provision which will...
- Wired Up. Case, Tony; Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;5/16/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p43
Focuses on the magazine "Wired," from publisher CondÃ© Nast. Inclusion of an article about George Lucas, one of the makers of the film "Star Wars," in the May issue of the magazine; Award received by "Wired," from the American Society of Magazine Editors; Comments of editor in chief Chris...
- 1997: A galactic year for the force. // U.S. News & World Report;12/23/96, Vol. 121 Issue 25, p16
Announces the intended re-release of the first chapter in the motion picture trilogy `Star Wars' in time for its 20th anniversary in 1997. The use of updated effects; The exhibit of Star Wars at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
- `Star Wars' trilogy rockets back. Sterritt, David // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 44, p1
Presents information on the Twentieth Century Fox's reissuing of sequels of the television program, `Star Wars.' Background information on the program; Role of filmmaker, George Lucas; Moral Fibre of Star Wars.
- Page 14: Chart your star wars future. // Scholastic SuperScience (Teacher's Edition);May99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, pT6
Reports that the technology used in the motion picture `Star Wars' is based on real science and on technology already in use or under development. Uses of the lasers, cloaking devices, robots, magnets and the holonet; Activities for the students.
- Editorial. Schoenle, Tracy C. // Cicada;May/Jun2005, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Introduces a series of articles about life, including a discussion of ideas from the "Star Wars" film trilogy.
- Journals--as time warps by. Mancini, M. // Film Comment;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p2
The author tells about attending the tenth anniversary celebration of the release of producer George Lucas' classic `Star Wars' at the Los Angeles Stouffer Concourse Hotel. Meeting `Star Wars' fans; Appearance by George Lucas.
- 'Star Wars' frenzy reaches beyond convention. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p19
Highlights the celebration of the release of the science fiction saga and the 25th anniversary of the movie 'Star Wars' in Indiana. Estimated amount of spending of visitor on hotels, meals, shopping and entertainment during the three-day event; Expected number of visitors; Sponsor of the Star...
- THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. // Scholastic Action;11/11/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4/5, p16
Presents the script for several scenes in the motion picture "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back." INSET: Chunking.