Some Say High Ebook Prices Will Stunt The Growth Of The Market
- les spÃ©cificitÃ©s du livre numÃ©rique Ã©chappent au lÃ©gislateur. Bilbault, Rémi // Archimag;mar2011, Issue 242, p54
The article discusses the problems with a bill of legislation calling for universal pricing in the market of digital books, which was adopted by the AssemblÃ©e nationale in France. The article points out that many factors were not taken into consideration, such as the differences between...
- In support of price stability. Black, Robert P. // Economic Review (00946893);Jan/Feb90, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p3
Presents the author's testimony in support of the House Joint Resolution 409 before the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy of the US House of Representatives Committee on Banking, Finance and Urban Affairs. Focus on directing the Federal Reserve to reduce inflation to zero within five...
- M&A due diligence that leaves nothing to chance. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
Presents a round table discussion on prescriptions for price negotiations. Round table participants; Margin of error; Tinkering with prices; Conditioning the seller; More.
- A five-cent nickel: In pursuit of price stability. Hollohan, Brian // Canadian Business Review;Spring91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p21
Addresses the questions does the Bank of Canada continue to strive for zero inflation and what policy position will the Bank of Canada take over the next few years. Definition of the price stability; The case for price stability; The case against price stability; Importance of policy...
- Dynamic competition and price adjustments. Shaanan, Joseph; Feinberg, Robert M. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct95, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p460
Examines the relationship of dynamic competition and price adjustments. Dynamic elements of competition, as measured by several disaggregated measures of domestic and import entry. Factors attributed to the price effects of entry into United States manufacturing; Estimating the desired or target...
- The right price. Pasternak, Volker // China Business Review;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p40
Reports on the 1998 Price Law of the People's Republic of China (PRC) which came into effect on May 1, 1998. One of the main objectives of the law; Implications of the law; Discussion on the price structure established by the 1987 PRC Price Administration Regulations; Unfair practices.
- Labour fixes the price-fixers. Percival-Straunik, Linsay // Director (00123242);Sep97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p24
Outlines the draft proposals for Britain's competition policy for pricing and selling prices created by the Labour Party's Trade and Industry Secretary, Margaret Beckett. Duty of the Competition Policy; How enforcement of Labour's 1997 measures will be enforced; Effect of reforms on European...
- 1994 final transfer pricing regulations of the United States. Kim, Suk H.; Swinnerton, Eugene // Multinational Business Review (St. Louis University);Spring97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p17
Presents a study which focuses on transfer pricing practices in the United States. Examination of the pricing practices of American-based multinational companies with foreign affiliates; Speculation that the American government discovered that foreign-based companies were underpaying taxes on...
- The crucial question about price control. Newman, George // Across the Board;Mar1994, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on price control issues. Examining the nature of commodities in question; Scenario of a government fixing the price of its currency; Exchange-rate fluctuation; Change in the exchange rate between the American and Canadian dollars.