DAVIES PACTS WITH DISNEY, ABC
- NABET Rejects ABC Contract. McBride, Murdoch // Back Stage;02/12/99, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the contract offered by the ABC Television Network, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, rejected by the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (NABET). Approximate number of NABET members nationwide; NABET units that have ratified the contract; Information on...
- Where was the left wing when Disney spiked a '20/20' report? Bozell, Brent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p22
Reports that ABC News has spiked its investigative report on Disney Corp.'s business practices. Basis of Brian Ross report; Contents of the book `Disney, the Mouse Betrayed: Greed, Corruption and Children at Risk.'
- ABC thinks `World' of Disney pix. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p25
Reports on American Broadcasting Co.'s plans to air 35 films from Walt Disney Co. under the `Wonderful World of Disney' banner.
- Bob Iger Gets Serious About Fixing ABC. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;6/22/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 12, p36
Looks at how the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) television network has been struggling since its purchase of Capital Cities/ABC in 1995. The inability of Michael Eisner to bring the network out of its slump; How the ailments of the network are spreading to the rest of Walt Disney Co.; The...
- The mouse is in the U.S. house, as Disney beats a better path to our doors. Schrage, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;8/7/95, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p17
Examines the matchup of Disney and ABC and finds a medium that will link content to advertisers in effective ways. Disney and the pop culture marketplace; ABC as gateway to Disney's assets; Television networks as tools for creating, defining and promoting merchandise characters.
- ABC building block for Saturday kidsked. Levin, Gary // Variety;06/09/97, Vol. 367 Issue 6, p94
Reports on Walt Disney Co.'s impact on television network ABC's Saturday morning programming. Television programs as children-friendly; Programming problems faced by the network.
- Tube. Hiltbrand, David // People;8/14/95, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p15
Reports on Walt Disney's acquisition of ABC. Implications of Disney and ABC's merger to television viewers.
- A shot in the park. Nashawaty, Chris // Entertainment Weekly;3/8/96, Issue 317, p8
Reports on the American Broadcasting Co.'s frequent use of the facilities of Walt Disney Co. after the merger of the two companies.
- A crystal ball on the Disney-ABC deal. Robins, J. Max // Variety;8/14/95, Vol. 360 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the Walt Disney Co.'s acquisition of American Broadcasting Co.