Phophorus supplementation to natural pasture grazing for beef cows in the Western Highveld region of South Africa
- Watch legume levels in forage for beef. WARDYNSKI, FRANK // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Sep2013, Vol. 317 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the important management factor for beef cattle feeding which include maintaining grass and legume pastures.
- 4 Tips For Late Spring & Early Summer Pasture Management. // Beef Expert Blog;4/16/2014, p2
The article provides tips for beef cattle farmers about pasture management during late spring and early summer, which can directly impact the body condition score of the cow, the growth of its calf and conception rates post-calving.
- DesempeÃ±o productivo de novillos sobre pasturas templadas con suplementaciÃ³n energÃ©tica en autoconsumo. Rovira, P. J. // Revista Veterinaria;2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Self-feeding of supplements to livestock can be a useful practice among those producers limited on time and labor resources to handle daily supplementation of cattle. The objective of the study was to evaluate self-feeding of an energetic supplement on the performance of steers (326Â±23 kg)...
- 3 ways to stretch your hay this winter. NEWPORT, ALAN // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Jan2013, Vol. 244 Issue 1, pBP8
The article presents the hay-stretching techniques to improve hay consumption management for beef producers. It states that limited-feeding hay can lessen use in cow-calf operations and needs to be done in a sacrifice pasture or drylot. It says that the use of an ionosphere for cattle that are...
- Forages lead way to rebuilding herd. SMITH, STAN // Ohio Farmer;Nov2012, Vol. 308 Issue 11, p72
The article focuses on management strategies to help increase forages for sustained profitability in the beef cattle industry in the coming years. It informs about several management practices for sustained maintenance of forages including alternative growing of annual or biannual forages on the...
- Pasturing. // Complete Beginners Guide to Raising Small Animals: Everything Yo;2009, p316
The article offers tips on how to pasture beef cattle. It offers information on the suggested types of feeds to feed your cattle if the pastureland is unsuitable for planting crops. It also presents the benefits of rotational grazing method when pasturing. Moreover, it mentions ways of...
- Top 5 beef winter feeding strategies. HARPSTER, HAROLD // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Feb2013, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p22
The article offers information on the top five beef winter feeding strategies for cattle producers in the U.S., which include minimizing feed waste, testing feedstuffs, and sorting cattle by need.
- Consider every feed option. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Sep2012, Vol. 316 Issue 9, p65
The article offers strategies on how to manage feeds of beef cattle amidst the high feed prices in the U.S.
- Economics explains why using grazing management pays. NEWPORT, ALAN // Farmer-Stockman;Jan2013, Vol. 103 Issue 1, pBP12
The article focuses on the importance of grazing management in the U.S. It states that costs for supplemental feeding go down with the improvement in the grazing land. It further states that expenses related to cow-calf operations and feeds can be reduced by spreading fixed costs across more...