- MARK thomas. Thomas, Mark // New Statesman;2/18/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4575, p12
Comments on the level of commitment of Great Britain and the U.S. to help Africa fight the problem of AIDS disease. Amount of money which the U.S. has allotted for the fight against AIDS in Africa; Discussion on the problem of how to use the money to fight the disease; Attitude of Great Britain...
- Holiday season offers a time to reflect on positives in our lives. Bradley, John A. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2005, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p2
The article relates the views of the author with regards to the promise of the holiday season to reflect on the many positives in one's life and the greatness of one's service and the promise of a better future. This promise comes in the form of a C-17 crew that flew down to the Gulf Coast to...
- AF delivers $8 million in aid to Armenia. Westover, 1st Lt. David // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p10
Reports that the US Air Force has delivered more than $8 million in medical supplies and equipment to impoverished Armenia as part of Operation Provide Hope. Humanitarian contributions of the nonprofit organization United Armenian Fund; Distribution of relief supplies by the Armenian Ministry...
- Humanitarian relief from A to Z. Alves, JO2 Chris // All Hands;Sep97, Issue 966, p2
Focuses on the increase of worldwide humanitarian missions for the US Navy. Positive comments of sailors regarding the humanitarian missions of the US Navy; Predictions of more humanitarian missions in the future; `Operation Noble Obelisk' in Sierra Leone; List of humanitarian operations...
- Tobyhanna Provides Rations For Balkans. // Army Logistician;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p54
Reports that the United States Department of Defense has begun airlifting humanitarian daily rations (HDR) to the Kosovo Region in Serbia, to help relieve the growing refugee crisis in the Balkans. Content of each package of HDR; Transportation of the first rations from Defense Distribution...
- Afghanistan aid may fund rebuilding. // Design-Build;Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p11
Deals with the plan of the U.S. government to grant fund for the rebuilding of Afghanistan if the ruling Taliban Party is deposed in the war against terrorists in the country. Amount of humanitarian aid pledged by the U.S. for Afghanistan.
- Changing gears: Special operations intelligence support to Operation Provide Comfort. Costa, Christopher P. // Military Intelligence;Oct-Dec92, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on intelligence lessons learned by the US Armed Forces and how they can be applied to future humanitarian support operations. Modification of intelligence preparation of the battlefield (IPB) to fit the existing situation of Operation Provide Comfort in Turkey.
- Living Out a School Motto. ARNSTEIN, ELIZABETH // Independent School;Spring2012, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p12
A personal narrative is given in which the author details the experiences of her and her students during a humanitarian trip to Kenya.
- Haiti Jan. 12, 2010. Vlahos, Elizabeth // All Hands;Mar2010, Issue 1116, p26
The article focuses on the humanitarian efforts of U.S. Navy personnel after the January 12, 2010 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti.