- G-excess, `I hate it when that happens'. Holoviak, Sam // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p13
Discusses the G-excess illusion experienced by military air pilots during flight maneuvers. Losing track of time during concentration; Testing of pilot's reaction time; Excess angle of roll as a result of pilot's large head movements; Importance of timing movements to avoid temporal distortion....
- Have you hugged your IP lately? J.J.D. // Airpower Journal;Summer91, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p2
Editorial. Commends the members of the Air Training Command (ATC) for the technical competence and success of the 1990 undergraduate pilot training class at Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi. Deployment of the trained pilots during the Operation Desert Storm; Role of ATC instructor pilots...
- India to Buy 75 Swiss Pilatus Trainer Aircraft. // India -- West;5/18/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 26, pA36
The article presents information on the purchase of 75 Pilatus trainer aircrafts by the government of India to train new air force pilots.
- Low-Level Combat Missions Demand Crew Coordination. Scott, William B.; Huachuca, Ft. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/6/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p49
Reports on the nine-day course offered by the Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Center which teaches airlift crews aggressive low-altitude maneuvers and techniques designed to avoid being shot down. Components of the course; Main elements of instruction and training.
- Leadership and friendship in action. // Wilson County News;7/1/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p10E
Several photographs of Floresville High School Air Force Junior ROTC cadets Leadership Course held on the Schreiner University campus in Kerrville.
- Maple Flag 2000 Rooted In Kosovo Air War Experience. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the Maple Flag 2000 international air force training and exercise event in Canada. Countries whose air forces participated in the event; Highlights of the event; Lessons learned from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's air campaign in Kosovo, Yugoslavia.
- Refocused. Monetti, Tony // Flying Safety;Apr97, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p2
Shares the author's attitude toward flight simulation training. Lessons learned from a simulated mission; Focus on the proper goals; Remembrance of experience during Gulf War.
- Vance first to modify phase one training. Bishop, Jeffrey // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p13
Focuses on Vance Air Force Base in Oklahoma as the first pilot training base to modify phase one of specialized undergraduate pilot training in the United States. Purpose of the modification; Most significant change to the training.
- Here's the Other One Percent. Curse, Matthew // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p2
Relates an experience in aircraft training in Guam. Live ordnance target area of the training; Accident during the training; Lessons from the training.