Slew of Data Ahead of FOMC
- Monetary policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);May94, p2
Reports on the growth rates of the monetary aggregates, reserve market rates, money market rates, capital market rates, federal fund rates, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth and interest rate spreads in 1994 in the United States.
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Mexico Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p26
The article presents information on various issues related to the economic conditions of Latin America, Middle East and Asia including interest rates, inflation and monetary policy.
- Monetary policy report. // Swiss National Bank Quarterly Bulletin;Mar2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
The article provides an overview on the issues discussed within the book "Swiss National Bank Quarterly Bulletin" including the monetary policy decision of the Swiss National Bank (SNB) in Switzerland in response to the developments in the global economy, the economic condition in the U.S.,...
- Japan's Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2001, p18
Focuses on the economic indicators on the monetary policy of Japan. Reduction of overnight call loan rate and lending rate; Adoption of policy strategy abandoning interest rate targets; Effect of the approach to call loan rate.
- Forecasts, Indicators, And Monetary Policy. Sill, Keith // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);May/Jun99, p3
Discusses the interrelationship of monetary policy and forecasting economic indicators. Approaches used by economists and policymakers in predicting future outcomes; Reliability of Philips curve and growth of money supply; Difficulty when using expectations-driven indicators for policymaking. ...
- On Signal Extraction and Non-Certainty Equivalence in Optimal Monetary Policy Rules. Swanson, Eric T. // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2000, p1
This paper examines signal extraction and non-certainty equivalence in optimal monetary policy rules. The author studies unrestricted, fully optimal policy rules with optimal estimation of state variables. The rules show certainty equivalence regarding estimates of an unobserved, complicated...
- A COMPARISON OF MEASURES OF CORE INFLATION. Rich, Robert; Steindel, Charles // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Dec2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p19
The article focuses on the measures in the U.S. in countering core inflation. It evaluates these measures of core inflation, including popular ex food and energy series, an ex energy series and weighted median series. It focuses on inflation measures likely to realize the goals for the U.S....
- Monetary Policy Report to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Mar2002, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p141
Examines the monetary policy in the U.S. Effects of monetary policy on consumer spending; Status of economic indicators; Importance of the rate of inventory liquidation in the production; Profitability of the nonfinancial corporate sector. INSET: Monetary Policy after the Terrorist Attacks.
- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: Euro Area;Sep2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 5, p11
Discusses the key challenges for economic policy regarding the adoption of single currency by the European Union member countries. Assessment of economic growth and resilience to adverse shocks; Factors that affect economic performance in the euro area; Impact of macroeconomic policy on single...