Is It Secure Enough? Yes, For Now
- Bell Labs BLASTS Capacity Barrier. // Wireless Review;10/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p8
Presents information on Bell Labs layered space time (BLAST), a wireless communications technique developed by the scientists at Bell Labs. Advantage of using the BLAST technique; Description of the technique; Comments from Bell Labs researcher Reinaldo Valenzuela.
- Bell Labs says its location technology accurate to within 15 feet. // RCR;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p46
Reports on Bell Laboratories researchers' announcement of a development of a wireless location system that is accurate to within 15 feet when users are outdoors, and to 100 feet when they are indoors.
- Creating New Ventures from Bell Labs Technologies. Chesbrough, Henry W.; Socolof, Stephen J. // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p13
Deals with Lucent Technologies' use of corporate venture capital as a way of unlocking business potential for technologies. Reasons for considering the use of corporate venture capital; Review of academic literature; Method of choosing the staff; How to balance the opposing forces. INSET:...
- Bell Lab takes stab at true single sign-on. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;8/12/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Introduces the computer software Factotum developed by researchers at Lucent Technologies Inc. Bell Labs. in the U.S. Features of the software; Computer software specification; Usability of the software.
- BLAST technology could boost fixed wireless capacity. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p46
Presents information on the development of BLAST, a technology that could improve the capacity of some wireless links by scientists at Lucent Technologies Inc.'s, Bell Laboratories. Features of the technology; Comments from Dan Stanzione, president of Bell Bells; Benefits of using the technology.
- True Value. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Interactive Week;6/4/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p80
Discusses how the failure of the Lucent Technologies-Alcatel deal will affect Bell Labs which is owned by Lucent. Details on the research conducted at Bell Labs which led to the innovations in electronics and telecommunication industries; Features of Bell Labs; Impact of the potential sale of...
- Status of BLDA still pending. Fasca, Chad // Electronic News;07/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2226, p32
Reports on the bid invitation for the sale or spinoff of Bell Labs Design Automation from Lucent Technologies. Names of the companies interested in buying Bell Labs Design; Option for Lucent to sell Bell Labs for short-term cash or spinoff for a longer term investment.
- Lucent bows PAC technology. Verna, Paul // Billboard;12/20/97, Vol. 109 Issue 51, p69
States that Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies' research division based in Murray Hill, New Jersey, developed the Perceptual Audio Coder (PAC). PAC being a device using algorithms to achieve audio compression; Comments from Fred Juang, head of audio at Bell Labs.
- Bell Labs Research Regroups as Parent Lucent Shrinks. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the impact of Lucent Technologies Incorporated's declining financial condition on Bell Labs, the company's research unit. Discoveries that have come out of Bell Labs; Reduction in the total number of researchers at the laboratory unit; Comments from William Brinkman, Bell Labs vice...