Metrocall Lands Sporty BMW Deal
- International Scenario of Automotive Industry. // Economic Review (05318955);May2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p45
The article reports on various developments and innovations in the automobile industry and trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) plans to put 50 hydrogen-powered 760Li cars to the U.S. in 2008 and hopes to build support for the technology by getting the vehicles into the hands of influential...
- Safety concerns drive demand for voice-recognition systems. Bolduc, Douglas A. // Automotive News;11/1/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6119, p32b
The article reports that automakers are under pressure to develop voice-based systems to reduce reliance on visual commands and the pressing of buttons. Combining wireless technology and voice recognition gives drivers hands-free control over such consumer devices as mobile phones, personal...
- Creating products with individuality. Reitzle, Wolfgang // Business Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p115
Reports on Bayerische Motoren Werke AG's (BMW) effort to look beyond the design and manufacture of automobiles to a broader focus on national transportation. BMW's strategy to initiate trends in the automobile industry; Application of material flow principles to mental flow; Short production...
- Made in the U.S.A. McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;May93, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p33
Reports that BMW's new assembly plant, now under construction in Greenville, S.C., will be producing 90,000 cars per year when it starts operations at the end of 1995. Plans for BMW's first assembly site in North America; Recycling auto components.
- BMW investing $600 million to expand in SC and build E53 SUV. // Ward's Auto World;Jun98, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p24
Reports that Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG has plans to expand its plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina to construct a 2000 model-activity vehicle. Estimated expenditure for the venture; Citing BMW's bid for Rolls-Royce; Examination of the operations of the plant when it is completed.
- Mercedes zinged. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;4/12/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5494, p8
Reports on BMW North America's plans to begin construction on its plant in South Carolina, United States. Response to Mercedes-Benz's annnouncement of following BMW in building an American plant.
- BMW, Rolls-Royce partnership concentrates on small engine market. Mecham, M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/25/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 21, p70
Provides information on the return of Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) to the aircraft business, which it abandoned 30 years ago in favor of automobiles. Comments from BMW Chairman Eberhard von Kuenheim on technology diversification as a hedge against future decline in car sales; Choice of...
- BMW model dealership program. // Dealernews;Jan1995, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p12
No abstract available.
- BMW bonus round. // Dealernews;Jun95, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the improvement of BMW AG's car sales for 1995. Contribution of the company's sponsorship of the 1996 Olympic games and the United States Olympic team to the sales increase.