Government, Industry Grapple With 3G Deadlines
- Rising above the noise. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1999, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on the United States' Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) private wireless spectrum auction proposal. Recommendations to resolve auctions and commercial service providers issues in the US Congress; Ways to avoid mutual exclusivity in application and licensing...
- Ops to get auction shot at high-frequency bands. Dawson // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p135
Focuses on the United States Federal Communications Commission's auction policy that could significantly affect the competitive landscape in local access to high-frequency wireless-broadband spectrum. Effectivity date for an auction covering the 39-gigahertz (GHz) band; Commission's plan to...
- Days Numbered for FCC Rule. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;6/9/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission ruling called 'phone number portability' for wireless firms in the U.S. Benefits of the ruling for wireless customers; Effect of the ruling on the wireless communications industry.
- Trading in frequencies. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;03/20/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p30
Deals with United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman William F. Kennard's idea to create a secondary market through which wireless license holders can sell and buy spectrum resources. Attitude of telecommunication carriers on Kennard's idea; Actions to be taken by the commission;...
- Growing PCS bids fill FCC's coffer. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;1/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p9
Reports on wireless entrepreneurs' growing bids for personal communication services (PCS) licenses in the Federal Communications Commission's C block auction. Most lucrative markets; Level of competition and high stakes of the auction.
- States must stop singling out wireless in area code overlays. Wayne, Debra // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p6
No abstract available.
- Hard Time. Still, William J.; Lin, Christiana L. // Wireless Review;06/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the regulations given by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which have the potential to increase wireless providers' regulatory cost of doing business. Reason of the FCC for removing a precondition for E-911 service; Petition process that must be undergone if...
- User groups criticize caller-paid wireless. Rohde, David // Network World;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p33
Reports on the concern of telecommunication groups Ad Hoc Telecommunications Users Committee and the ACUTA over a proposal of the United States Federal Communications Commission that would require wireless carriers to provide a calling-party-pays (CPP) option to their subscribers. Cost of CPP...
- Wireless auctions coming. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p48
Reports on wireless communication options to be announced by the Federal Communications Commission. Detail on the Local Multipoint Distribution System, to be auctioned; Comment from Dave Maloff, president of WebCel Incorporated, in Washington, D.C.