Nokia's Venture Capital Fund Targets Global Trends
- Motorola, Nokia announce advanced technology partnerships. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;8/29/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p14
Reports on the advanced technology partnership formed by Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp. as of August 2005. Move of Motorola Inc. and Intel Corp. to join forces aiming to speed Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) rollouts; Information on an IMS server proof of concept created by Intel...
- All in hand. Darling, Andrew // New Media Age;1/27/2005, p24
This article focuses on the strategic benefits of Nokia's belief in the convergence of media and technology on mobile devices. At Nokia's Mobility Summit held in November 2004, executives were queuing up on stage to utter the combination of mobile and convergence. In the eyes of those who run...
- Nokia stepping up mobile advertising efforts. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p3
This article reports that Nokia Corp. is taking actions to become a more competitive player in mobile advertising, with an announcement that it would partner with Handmark for an end-to-end mobile solution for the latter's Pocket Express application. Nokia already has a well-recognized brand in...
- Portal Prowling. Clark, Christopher // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Discusses the partnership between the Internet and a mobile handset. Remarks from Patrick McQuown of Proteus, an Internet development and consulting agency; Implication of the handset to Web portal; Pioneer in the portal game. INSET: Handset Screens: It Won't Be Long.
- Can Ovi improve on the Walled garden? Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;3/31/2008, p28
The article discusses the author's views on carrying Ovi portal by Nokia for its further research in mobile system. He argues that there is possibility that Ovi could flop like hundreds of other lackluster mobile storefronts and content sites. He cites the suggestion of analyst John Jackson that...
- Mobile Advertising Gains Steam. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/1/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p22
The article discusses the efforts of mobile carriers and Internet companies to offer mobile advertising. Vodafone offers free text messaging to its Czech subscribers if they accept advertisements on their telephones. Nokia acquired Enpocket, a company that develops technologies that support...
- Nokia package offers wireless IP for the masses. Songini, Marc // Network World;12/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p18
Reports on Nokia's introduction of products that will let users with mobile telecommunication devices easily access Internet protocol (IP) network resources. Partnership with International Business Machines (IBM) and Hewlett-Packard to bundle Nokia wireless software server on their NT boxes;...
- Nokia introduces 3G solutions. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p24
Reports on Nokia Corp.'s introduction of several third-generation network solutions and mobile Internet application platforms designed for wireless operators and service providers.
- Nokia partners with Radiolinja. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p34
Informs on the partnership deal between Nokia Corp. and Finnish-based mobile operator Radiolinja to develop and supply Nokia's mCatch, which enables location-based services to be introduced into mobile Internet networks.