Feds Facilitate Airing Of Privacy Issues
- FTC Green Guides Workshop Alert. // Home Textiles Today;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p10
The article offers information on the free green guide workshop of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to be held in Washington D.C., on July 15, 2008.
- FTC & Internet privacy. Bushey, Trudie // Credit World;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection workshop entitled `Consumer Privacy on the Global Information Infrastructure,' on June 4 to 5, 1996 in Washington, D.C. Discussion of several issues concerning consumer privacy affected by the emerging on-line marketplace;...
- FTC urges passage of online privacy law. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;3/27/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has urged Congress to enact legislation regarding the online privacy law.
- FTC calls for stringent Internet privacy legislation. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p28
Focuses on the United States Federal Trade Commission's call for legislation safeguarding consumers' privacy on the Internet.
- FTC Pushed for Privacy Plan. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;7/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p28
The article reports that the Federal Trade Commission has pushed a privacy rights plan similar to the comprehensive National Broadband Plan of the Federal Communications Commission in the U.S.
- Cable Ops Concerned About COPPA Privacy Rules. // Multichannel News;10/1/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p4
The article offers information on the Children's Online Privacy ProtectionAct (COPPA) enforced by the Federal Trade Commission of the U.S. to limit the use of internet by children.
- On-line privacy: self-regulate or be regulated later. McGraw III, Harold // Communications News;Jun99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the self-regulation of companies on the issue of online privacy in the electronic commerce sector. Status of the self-regulatory edge of companies; Stand of the United States Federal Trade Commission on self-regulation; Reasons for the immediate need for companies to implement an...
- Private PROPERLY. Marquess, Kate // ABA Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p52
- FTC reviews Child Privacy Act. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;04/26/99, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the United States Federal Trade Commission's release of a document on April 20, 1999 outlining its interpretation of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Law's requirement of Web site operators to obtain parental permission before collecting personal information from...