The Need For Numbers
- Lockheed Martin to oversee numbers. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p16
Reports that Lockheed Martin IMS was chosen by the United States Federal Communications Commission to serve as the administrator of the telephone number system in North America. What the company will oversee; Reference to a five-year contract.
- More telco conversations. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's lengthening of the numeric codes that routes phone calls to long distance carriers adding pressure to telecommunication conversions for central stations.
- FCC looks to avert new phone number `crisis'. Rohde, David // Network World;04/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) plan to issue a proposal to force local carriers to start changing the system by which telephone numbers as assigned. Blaming of the area code-shortage problem to the inefficiency of the number assignment system; Proposal of...
- Code blue. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;05/28/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 22, p64
Discusses plans to create area codes and conserve phone numbers in the United States (U.S.). Number of area codes activated in North America as of May 2001; Information on number pooling trials authorized by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Efforts to conserve area codes.
- New to the Area. // Government Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Presents a graph of the number of new telephone area codes added in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean from 1995 to 2003, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC allows Calif. to change numbering rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p13
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to allow California to allocate numbers in the 310 and 909 area codes but not statewide. Shortage of 310 and 909 area codes in California; Transcript of the decision of FCC; Statement issued by FCC Commissioner Michael...
- FCC launches area-code info campaign. // Westchester County Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p19
Focuses on the area code consumer information campaign launched by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Explanation of the area code changes; Contact information.
- Kennard educates consumers on number exhaust. // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p15
Cites the United States Federal Communications Commission's launch of a consumer awareness campaign about number exhaustion. Aim to minimize confusion about the agency's plan to significantly reduce the frequency of area-code changes.
- California Wants FCC to OK New Area Codes. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p54
Reports on the state of California's request for permission to create technology-specific area codes, from the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). State legislature's approval of a bill asking the California Public Utilities Commission to ask the federal authority to approve...