Qualcomm's New IPR Fight
- Qualcomm Set To Increase Dividend, Will Split Its Stock. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the increase in the quarterly dividend of Qualcomm Inc. in San Diego, California. Plan of a two-for-one stock split of the wireless telecom technology firm; Price of the corporate stocks; Trading activity in the stock market.
- Qualcomm stock stumbles amid mobile-phone earnings concerns. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the decline of the share price of Qualcomm Inc. Intense pricing competition in the Code Division Multiple Access handset market; Concerns over margins in the mobile-phone business; Possible pacts with other phone vendors to sell lower-tier handsets.
- Mobile patents issue exposes wider motivations. A.B. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the correlation between defending wireless telecommunication markets and intellectual property rights (IPR) illustrated by the refusal of wireless equipment manufacturer Qualcomm Inc. to license its IPR for the European Telecommunications Standards Institute. Terms set by the company...
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.
- AT&T Clips Angel's Wings. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Announces the decision of AT&T Wireless to close its Digital Broadband wireless offering. Reason underlying the decision; Brief information on the wireless offering; Implications of the decision to the wireless industry.
- Netro Aims High With Angel. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the fixed wireless equipment maker Netro Corp. would pay AT&T Wireless Inc. cash plus shares of Netro stock in exchange for the carrier's fixed wireless assets. Other advantage of AT&T Wireless in the deal; Marketing plan of Netro; View of analysts on the deal.
- AT&T Travels New Road To mMode. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on AT&T Wireless' mMode service. View of wireless research director, Becky Diercks on mMode and mLife services; Estimated cost of basic mMode access a month; Other NTT DoCoMo partners that are in the process of introducing i-mode services.
- AT&T Wireless maps major 3G plan. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p41
Reports business plans of AT&T Wireless in the United States. Interest on third-generation high-speed wireless data; Deployment of Global Systems for Mobile communications gear; Upgrade of the network with Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution-complaint gear.
- AT&T WIRELESS UNVEILS INTEGRATED BILLING PLATFORM. // Telephone IP News;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on an integrated billing platform unveiled by AT&T Wireless Inc. for application developers as of August 2002.