Same Old Bugaboos Face Carriers
- Pay-Phone Operators Eye An Internet Role. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;10/12/98, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p1-12
Offers information on wireless services being offered by telephone companies, discussing efforts to offer Internet access by using pay phones. Observations about pay-phone service providers (PSP); Reason PSPs have made alterations to their business plans; Features of AT&T telephones with data...
- Carrier may have upper hand with ISPs. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p1
Reports that wireless communication carriers stand to benefit from the emerging trend of Internet companies competing for premier spots on wireless telephone screens. Most favorable telephone screen spot for Internet companies; America Online Inc.'s (AOL) entry into a partnership with Sprint...
- The pathway to IP telephony. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Jun2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, e Office p7
Focuses on integrated or adjuct wireless telephony in New Zealand. How the technology works; Advantages of a voice image processing; Pieces of advice on choosing suppliers for wireless telephony. INSET: The office without wires.
- CTIA: Wireless growth accelerates. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p48
Reports on the growth in the number of wireless telephone subscribers in the United States, in the first half of 1999. Percentage of growth; Comparison with growth rates in previous periods; Total number of people using wireless telephones.
- A smart-phone odyssey. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p62
Offers information on wireless smart telephones. Challenges faced by wireless carriers; What sets wireless smart telephones from others; Improvements in smart telephones; Technologies that may help smart telephones to perform well. INSET: Browser works with smart phones.
- Not Sold on Cellphones. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Apr2003, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p8
Discusses various limitations of cellphones. Impact of extra features in the cellphone on the phone's battery; Drawback of an internal antenna in the cellphone; Problems arising in cellphone's signal in suburban areas.
- Wireless carriers running out of phone numbers. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p36
Reports on the concern by wireless carriers that they are running out of telephone numbers to assign to subscribers.
- Her Honor Joins In `The Debate'. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p1
Reports on a California Field poll on the use of wireless phones in certain public areas. Findings on phone use while driving; Choices for controlling phone use; Biases inherent in the approach.
- Listen carefully to wireless phone plans. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/26/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 26, Special Section pB21
Discusses the various aspects of choosing a wireless telephone plan. Understanding of the kind of wireless technology available; Perks of digital telephones; Average cost of service plans.
- New wireless phones get smart. Nemes, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;10/04/99, Vol. 22 Issue 40, pSR16
Focuses on updated versions of wireless telephones debuting in the United States. Introduction of several versions of smart phones which allow users to keep electronic appointments and phone numbers, check electronic mail, and surf the Web; Forecast of analysts that the models will debut by the...