- Washington watch. McConnell, Chris; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;04/06/98, Vol. 128 Issue 14, p37
Presents news briefs relative to the broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended time allowed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for broadcasters and cable operators to file their annual employment reports; Microradio proposal being considered by the FCC; Information on...
- Reclaim the media. Gangadharan, Seeta Pe�a // Yes!;Fall2003, Issue 27, p21
Addresses the issue of the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) decision to change broadcast ownership rules and allow fewer companies to own larger shares of radio and television markets. Formation of a loose coalition campaigning against the FCC decision; Implication of the...
- FCC update. MARTIN, HARRY // Broadcast Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p28
Discusses the rules governing broadcast construction permits devised by the United States Federal Communication Commission. Applications of the new rules which will become effective in February 1999; Changes in ownership reporting; Requirements for commercial stations.
- Lights Out for Bonzo. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 33, p28
Editorial. Reports on modification in political broadcasting rules by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Motion pictures which were affected by modifications; Reasons for modification.
- TV biz stuck in reg trenches. McClintok, Pamela // Daily Variety;1/3/2003, Vol. 277 Issue 62, p1
Reports on the reaction of the television industry to the plan of the government to loosen media ownership rules in the U.S. Views of industry groups on the financial-syndication rules; Reaction of broadcasting companies to the media ownership regulatory scheme of the Federal Communications...
- FCC opens the door for broadcast-cable combos. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Reports the regulation that barred broadcast-cable consolidation in the same market by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in the U.S. Cross-ownership prohibition of the broadcast cable; Justification of the regulation; Limitation on media industry consolidation.
- Lawmakers want ad rule explained. Feinberg, Andrew // Hill;4/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p12
The article reports that three U.S. Republican lawmakers want the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to explain the reasons behind a proposed order that would require broadcasters to put their public inspection files.
- Powell boosts DTV. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;8/5/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 32, p8
Focuses on the move of the Federal Communications Commission to implement the digital-copy protection and television-receiver requirements in the U.S. Disclosure on the terms in the mandate; Importance of the mandate with the switch to digital television (DTV) transmission; Questions on the...
- Court scraps reply rules. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/16/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 43, p6
Reports the rejection of the right-of-reply rules of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) by the United States Court of Appeals. Failure of FCC to justify the rules; Suggestion of Frank LLoyd to adopt similar rules; Reply of FCC to the court concerning the suspension of the rules;...