Let The Bidding Begin
- Taiwan's 3G auction under way. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the availability of third generation wireless technology license auction from Taiwan as of January 2002. Range of minimum bids; List of companies interested in the license auction; Percentage of the mobile penetration rate of Taiwan.
- One bidder leaves 700 MHz auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p8
Presents updates on the auction for 700 Megahertz (MHz) C- and D- block licenses in the U.S. as of September 9, 2002. Status of Aloha Partners as a bidder; Information on a bill passed by the U.S. Congress related to the auction of the 700 MHz band licenses; Availability of the 700 MHz spectrum.
- C- And F-Block Auction Blues. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p1
Reports the status of auction schedule of plasma-current switch in the United States as of December 2000. Status of the effort of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the schedule; Plan of the FCC on the issuance of regional licenses.
- Bids top $1B in Dutch UMTS auction. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p37
Focuses on the auction of the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System in Hague, Netherlands. Details on the total amount of licenses sold; List of wireless communications companies participating in the bidding; Account on the granting of license A to KPN Mobile and British...
- Re-auction winners make plans for new spectrum. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the plans of wireless operators in the United States for the additional 1.9 GHz spectrum licenses auctioned in January 2001.
- NextWave ready to resume rollout. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
Deals with the plan of NextWave Telecom Inc. to continue to build its network across the United States (U.S.). Information on the plasma current switch licenses which have been auctioned by the government; Court ruling of an appeals court regarding the licenses bid of Nextwave; Plan of the U.S....
- ANADIGICS switches target multi-mode and multi-band cellular handsets. // Wireless Design & Development;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
Reports on ANADIGICS' announcement of a line of single-pole double-throw reflective switches designed for wireless applications from direct current to 3 GHz. Support of high-power as well low-power handset designs; Suitability of the high power switches for transmit/receive switching.
- FCC swaps spectrum for billions. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/05/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p15
Provides information on the results of a wireless reauction of licenses conducted by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Amount spent by companies Verizon Wireless and Alaska Native Wireless on licenses acquired at the auction; Information on the spectrum portfolio of...
- 3G key to coffers. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/21/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 8, p7
Comments on the potential payoff of third generation (3G) wireless license auctions for the United States (U.S.) government. Estimated value of a wireless license auction in the country; Problem of 3G wireless in the U.S.; Spectrum considered most appropriate for 3G wireless communication use.