Trial Sparks Debate Over Talking, Driving
- DWD: Driving While Distracted. WOLCOTT, MICHAEL // Wingman;2010 Ground Safety Special Edition, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the consequences of driving with distractions and the campaign being undertaken by the U.S. National Safety Council and the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) to educate parents and teenagers about the dangers of distracted driving.
- Distraction = Destruction. Griffin, Anna // Teen Ink;Mar2014, p15
The article discusses the risk and danger of distracted driving, any activity that could divert a person's attention away from the primary task of driving.
- Distracted Driving Facts. // Professional Safety;Jan2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p12
The article offers data on distracted driving in the U.S., including the number of people killed in crashes that involved distraction in 2008, the increase on the proportion of distracted drivers during fatal crashes and number of injury crashes caused by distracted driving.
- NARFE members hear about Mature Driving Training. // Malakoff News (TX);3/28/2014, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p7
The article presents information on the monthly meeting of the National of Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), in Ennis, Texas, that focused on the effects of aging on driving skills, vehicle and driving safety, and distracted driving.
- Conti: Eyes help curb distraction. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;2/11/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6555, p50
The article reports that auto parts manufacturer Continental AG is developing a system for limiting driver distraction by monitoring the driver's eye movements. The new system will use radar, video cameras and a computer processor to determine whether it's harmful for the driver to look away....
- your life now. // Redbook;May2007, Vol. 208 Issue 5, p33
The article discusses the opinion of women on the plans of lawmakers in the U.S. to put an end to motorist multitasking, presents statistics related to amusement parks and offers news briefs from the country. According to Sheryl Hausman of New York, it is a good idea to have government...
- Wireless Invention Curbs Teen's Conversations While Driving. Maas, Nancy // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
The author offers her views regarding the use of cellular telephones among teenagers while driving in the U.S. She mentions the findings of the study by professor David Strayer which showed that motorists who talk on their cellular telephone while driving are distracted and tend to drive...
- Distracted Driving as an Occupational Hazard. Abrams, Adele // Rock Products;May2011, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on distracted driving in the U.S. which is considered as an occupational hazard. It cites the symposium titled "Prevention of Occupationally-related Distracted Driving" held by the U.S. Department of Labor on April 18, 2011 which was attended by stakeholder groups who are...
- Any Takers? Defort, Edward J. // Memorial Business Journal;1/31/2013, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses the author's view on the increasing number of incidents related to distracted driving and crash risk in the U.S. He cites the minor motor vehicle mishap he experienced which occurred in stop-and-go traffic on a two lane road and driving while texting. He reflects on the...