C- And F-Block Auction Blues
- FCC Auction #58 Summary of Licenses. // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Presents a chart of the top bidders in the auction #58 initiated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Spectrum speculation. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p19
Comments on the auction #58 initiated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Amount generated from the auction; Implication of the poor outcome of the auction on the wireless industry.
- FCC puts off 700 MHz auction--again. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the postponement made by the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the scheduled auction of licenses in the 700 MHz band. Reason for the move; Complex issues faced by the FCC; Budget allotted by the U.S. House Appropriations Committee for the FCC for fiscal...
- The mother of all PCS auctions? O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p8
Reports that the US Federal Communications Commission will start its biggest personal communications service (PCS) license auction on August 26, 1996. Differences from previous auctions; Reasons for the changes.
- The C block. // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p28
Presents charts showing the results of the US Federal Communication Commission's C block license auction participated by personal communication services providers. Top 20 bidders by point-of-purchase; Top ten bidders; Top ten markets per point-of-purchase; Top ten most active markets;...
- Auctions may speed licensing. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p2
Speculates on the auction of a rights of radio and television stations in 1998 by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Criticism of the criteria used by the FCC; Comments from Bill Kennard, chairman of FCC; Information on additional plans by the FCC.
- Gavel in hand, next wireless auction is set. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p29
Presents information on the Federal Communications Commission auction of high-capacity wireless channels. Information on the main channel to be auctioned; Identification of the companies who can bid on the channels. INSET: What you need to know about wireless LMDS.
- Round 7 For 700 MHz Auction Delay. // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the delay of an auction for 700 MHz band by U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Reason for the delay; Request of small carriers to continue the auction in order to grab additional spectrum to serve local customers.
- LMDS revenues most likely won't meet projections. Wayne, Debra // RCR;03/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the local multipoint distribution services auction by the Federal Communications Commission in the United States. Details on the bidding in the auction; Statistical information on the auction; Comments from a member of Simmons Associates, Taylor Simmons.